GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Legal Lee's wanna help me decipher this statement?

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!
Got a different story I'm about to self publish, was gonna use amazon, but now I'm cautious after reading this

6.2 Ownership
Subject to the licenses set forth in this Section 6 and the following sentence, and as between the parties, you retain all right, title and interest in and to the Content, including all patent, copyright, trademark, service mark, mask work, moral right, trade secret or other intellectual property or proprietary right (collectively, "Intellectual Property Rights") therein.

Subject to your underlying rights in the Content, as between the parties, we will own all right, title and interest in and to the templates and other materials created, provided or used by us in our performance under this Agreement (including Source Files and Packaging Materials), including all Intellectual Property Rights therein.
(Whole Member Agreement here: https://eu.createspace.com/pub/signup/view.memberagreement.do)

Does that mean they own the rights to my stuff, or am I reading that wrong?

Thanks for taking a look ahead of time

Rogue

adam1991

Banned
IANAL. But I live in a family of them.

My completely ignorant take on this is, you own the content while they own the framework by which the content is displayed to the end user. "Templates...provided or used by us in our performance..." Their "performance" is in formatting the content and presenting it to the buyer.

The "source files" are to their templates and software. And of course, they own all the IP rights therein.

Spend a hundo on a lawyer to have him peruse this and advise.

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!
IANAL. But I live in a family of them.

My completely ignorant take on this is, you own the content while they own the framework by which the content is displayed to the end user. "Templates...provided or used by us in our performance..." Their "performance" is in formatting the content and presenting it to the buyer.

The "source files" are to their templates and software. And of course, they own all the IP rights therein.

Spend a hundo on a lawyer to have him peruse this and advise.

That's probably gonna be what I'll do

Still, thanks Adam