GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone know where to source the Helix terminal block?

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I don't think this one's been asked before. I installed the Helix spare tire sub/amp the other day but my wife was upset that it requires the trunk floor to be in the upper position. We do transport a lot of stuff on trips, etc, and she likes keeping the floor in the lowered position. I assured her that if we ever needed the extra floor space we could just remove the sub in seconds.

But then it occurred to me that once you unplug the sub, your speaker connection is lost and you can't use your stock stereo setup.

All it would take to get the stock stereo to work without the sub/amp would be to make a pass-through adapter. Essentially the male counterpart to the female terminal block with eight sets of jumper pins between the speaker inputs/outputs from the amp. Do any of you electronics gurus know how to source that male pin block?

Last edited:

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion

KFiddy

Passed Driver's Ed
its actually a VW part,000051727B if you buy the "A" model , the box that sits in the trunk, it comes with the plug so you can remove box and replug to original system

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
its actually a VW part,000051727B if you buy the "A" model , the box that sits in the trunk, it comes with the plug so you can remove box and replug to original system

$28??!! The one I'm going to make identical to that one will end up costing me more in shipping than the parts, probably about $7 all in.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
my helix sub sits on top of the spare wheel and the floor sits in its location perfectly

My Helix sits on top of the spare as well, and the floor fits above it with room to spare. The issue is that if we go on a camping trip and need the extra floor space that lowering the floor provides, we can't unless we remove the Helix.