GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone local who can help?

Mike.B

Bought my GTD four weeks ago and I'm not sure if it's as powerful as it should be.

It doesn't feel especially quick regardless of whether it's in Sport or Normal, it's probably worth stating that my previous car (Focus ST) was 250bhp and felt seriously quick.

What I'm wondering is if there is anyone local with a GTD who might be prepared to meet up in order for me to compare performance between yours and mine.

If anyone is prepared to help It would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Bought my GTD four weeks ago and I'm not sure if it's as powerful as it should be.

It doesn't feel especially quick regardless of whether it's in Sport or Normal, it's probably worth stating that my previous car (Focus ST) was 250bhp and felt seriously quick.

What I'm wondering is if there is anyone local with a GTD who might be prepared to meet up in order for me to compare performance between yours and mine.

If anyone is prepared to help It would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Don't forget, the Golf is 215kg heavier than the ST, and it's a diesel rather than a petrol, so the characteristics of the car feel much much different.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Don't forget, the Golf is 215kg heavier than the ST, and it's a diesel rather than a petrol, so the characteristics of the car feel much much different.

And the OP is comparing their previous 250bhp car to a one that’s 181bhp (184ps) and heavier. If the OP compared their previous car with the diesel Focus ST (which I think is 182bhp, so pretty much the same as the GTD), I dare say they’d notice a similar performance difference to what they’re currently experiencing.

Mike.B

And the OP is comparing their previous 250bhp car to a one that’s 181bhp (184ps) and heavier. If the OP compared their previous car with the diesel Focus ST (which I think is 182bhp, so pretty much the same as the GTD), I dare say they’d notice a similar performance difference to what they’re currently experiencing.

Quite possibly, plus the Golf puts it's power down in a very refined way compared to a petrol ST250 which possibly makes it feel slower still however I'd still like a second opinion, someone who has a GTD drive mine and tell me it's how it should be - Just to put my mind at ease.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Quite possibly, plus the Golf puts it's power down in a very refined way compared to a petrol ST250 which possibly makes it feel slower still however I'd still like a second opinion, someone who has a GTD drive mine and tell me it's how it should be - Just to put my mind at ease.

Could you not book a test drive with a dealer?