GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Low mileage 2017 Sport

goldenstateofmind

These aren't great prices IMO, considering how much dealers are discounting the new 2018s. Check the post your deal thread -- members are reporting 2018 S 6MT for 22k-23k before TTL. If you don't absolutely need the VAQ diff and the bigger brakes, I'd say go for the new 2018 S and its 6 year warranty.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Price is on the higher side especially without any CPO warranty. There are a couple of listings of similar vehicles in "Cars for sale" forum section for $20,000.

Drunktank

Thanks guys. I do need the diff and brakes, and the lighting pack is always nice, so the sport is perfect for me. I wasn’t really saying these were good prices, I was just listing the few cars that are out there that fit the criteria. I have limited choices and will have to travel, so what should the out the door negotiation target be in your opinion?

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Ive got a 2017 Sport for sale. 19k miles, big turbo, 484whp, fastest fwd vw on dragy leaderboards. Asking $26,500.

So you are asking almost as much as I bought my sport for new (before tax and stuff), only it's used and modified and driven super hard? I guess not bad if it is super put together, but still.... dayum. Maybe it speaks to the resale value of the Sport model though.

cb1111

So you are asking almost as much as I bought my sport for new (before tax and stuff), only it's used and modified and driven super hard? I guess not bad if it is super put together, but still.... dayum. Maybe it speaks to the resale value of the Sport model though.
What you ask and what you get are two different things.

Some people believe that their modified cars are worth more than stock when the exact opposite is true.

The value of a used modified car is the Manheim price minus the cost of putting everything back to stock.

Then, as you've said, there is the issue of trying to sell that has been flogged on a dragstrip with zero warranty.

The poster has probably been trying to sell this car because it has issues and he figured "hey, somebody is looking for a car so I'll just break forum rules and try to sell my car here."

CosmosMpower

Ready to race!
I'm looking for a lightly used 17 Sport as well, thinking 17-18k is about right for a sub 20k mile car with no stories. I believe they were going as low as 21-22k new earlier this year. Thoughts?

sailakfan

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm looking for a lightly used 17 Sport as well, thinking 17-18k is about right for a sub 20k mile car with no stories. I believe they were going as low as 21-22k new earlier this year. Thoughts?

Hello, this is my first post as I found the forum last week, so not sure if I can name places. I am in the market for an SE or an Autobahn, but came across a Sport Manual at the McKinney dealership. Since you are in Dallas might want to check it out.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG

That's wishful thinking, IMO. I wouldn't sell my Sport for less than $22K. MSRP is almost $30K (DSG, floor mats, tool kit, wheel locks, hatch mat etc). I just turned 7500 miles and I bought in May of 2017.

I don't think there were many non demo Sport's going for $21K last year. That would be an exception not the norm.

I also don't feel a "discounted" 2018 S is comparable to a 2017 Sport. Yes, the warranty is longer..........but that's about it. To get what the Sport has you'd have to jump up to the SE.

Last edited: