GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Incentives 6/5-7/9

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
I did the "Don't make me go to MD to buy a car" thing. How does a negotiated price fit into all of this? Does it take the good rates off the table?

I have a deposit on the car but don't know what finance rate they will offer. FICO Auto 2 & 8 are 758, Auto 9 is 767. Does anyone know my likely rate?

I have a partner discount thru my employer. I also just joined SCCA 'cuz it's the right thing to do. Can I stack the discounts?

What is invoice on an SE, manual, leather? I'm at $27847 +TTT. Should I have done better?

FWIW, I actually wanted cloth, but I took leather 'cuz I need it now.

Steve-O

Passed Driver's Ed
I did the "Don't make me go to MD to buy a car" thing. How does a negotiated price fit into all of this? Does it take the good rates off the table?

I have a deposit on the car but don't know what finance rate they will offer. FICO Auto 2 & 8 are 758, Auto 9 is 767. Does anyone know my likely rate?

I have a partner discount thru my employer. I also just joined SCCA 'cuz it's the right thing to do. Can I stack the discounts?

What is invoice on an SE, manual, leather? i'm at $27847 +TTT. Should I have done better?

FWIW, I actually wanted cloth, but I took leather 'cuz I need it now.

I believe you will qualify for the lowest rates with your credit score. When I bought mi e that was 2.9% but I've heard its lower now.

Partner program discount will not stack with duplicate partners. It's $500 regardless of how many organizations you may belong to.

Check out US News, Edmunds, etc for dealer invoice pricing.

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
Thanks!

Invoice with cloth is $29252. Leather adds $598. So $500 below invoice is $29350. Add $850 destination and $75 doc and it's $30200, which is what they offered it to me for.

Edmunds True Market Value is $29000.

Same car in MD would be $26572 + 300 doc = $26872, so I'm paying $975 to avoid going, which would take most of the day and cost about $400. Though if I went to MD I'd save $598 and get cloth like I really want.

I'm pretty pleased with the deal, and it was no-hassle.

The final question to resolve is, can I still get the good rates with my negotiated price?

Thanks again, guys!
kevin

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
The finance guy said I can't get the 0.9 because my price includes another incentive. I'm assuming that's the $1000 cash; I don't know if they consider the partner program an incentive also. So top tier is 2.9 for me, which is better than my bank offers. Drove it home tonight after an excellent buying experience!

Thanks for all the help!
kevin

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
The finance guy said I can't get the 0.9 because my price includes another incentive. I'm assuming that's the $1000 cash; I don't know if they consider the partner program an incentive also. So top tier is 2.9 for me, which is better than my bank offers. Drove it home tonight after an excellent buying experience!

Thanks for all the help!
kevin

If you financed through VW, 0.9% gets $1000, 2.9% gets $2000. Partner program is compatible with all other incentive programs.

cb1111

If you financed through VW, 0.9% gets $1000, 2.9% gets $2000. Partner program is compatible with all other incentive programs.
On $30k, each percent will cost you about $1000 in extra interest over the 5 year loan.

IF the dealer passes on the incentive to you, then the .9% will effectively pay you $300 (since the .9 will cost you about $700) while the 2.9% will cost you $264 (total interest is about $2264 minus the $2000 incentive), so the 2.9 actually costs you $500 more than the .9%

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
IF the dealer passes on the incentive to you

I would think they would every time, since the Dealer's Choice programs are only there to help customers get monthly payments they want. The credit requirements are no different from their special APR program.