GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Leasing a good idea?

johnsgti1

Just came across this site

https://www.vipleaseltd.co.uk and thought there were some really good deals now for a45 AMGs in replacement for my golf r - anyone else had any experience of leasing and do these deals look good ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
I dunno if leasing is much different in the UK, but I have leased several cars and never regretted it. Rule of thumb is knowing exactly your use for the car and how much you'll be driving it. Exceeding allotted, very excessive wear and tear, hidden fees a certain manufacturer/finance company might impose on you is where leases will lose there value. So therefore you must really do your due diligence and research in the car/lease deal/dealership you want.

Many people argue "leasing is such a waste, you're paying to rent a car for a few years and give it back". Well, again, if you do the math, and if saving time and stress of selling a car eventually is valuable to you (which, to me, it is), you can really get away with a great deal and get away with less out of pocket vs financing.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Across the pond here, many states tax leases at a higher rate than ordinary sales tax. And unless you return the car in CPO condition you'll get gigged for reconditioning. No dents or scratches, upholstery damage or chips in the windscreen, etc. I don't think it's worth it. I know the inners workings of car sales/leasing, and salespeople salivate when you say you want to lease.