GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ACC/Front assist unavailable

mrpbailey

Our 2015 GTD ACC is faulty, intermittently.
It will happily work for say 1 hour of a journey sometimes, then suddenly beeps and "ACC front assist unavailable, no sensor view" or something similar.
Sometimes it will happen within 5 minutes of driving, other times it will work perfectly for more than 1 hour.

Now I suspect the car has hit something previously, as I had to replace the AC condenser as it was holed & leaking. While doing this I had a look at the ACC sensor and the outer casing was cracked (not a big issue), and one of the mounting brackets looks slightly bent, meaning the sensor doesn't sit perfectly level, but not sure if this is the issue or not?

I tried fitting a new sensor but this brings up a stop/start error and ACC doesn't work at all, understandably will need calibrating.
From reading on this forum, VW are the only people who can reprogram/calibrate the sensors, and it ain't cheap!

Just wondered if anyone has experienced similar and resolved it?

Thanks

Luke B

I'm undergoing less frequent episodes of the same thing. Just posted under general discussion on the main forum. Mine is a 2015 Leon Cupra 280 ST, so markedly similar oily bits & electronics.