GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo IS38ETR - Just Arrived

kdub808

Ready to race!
If Revo is Sega, then I'd think Mabotech must be Russian roulette with a semi-automatic. Just scary to go so far off the grid.

Anyway, can't wait to see what Beaker ends up with. I'm sure it will be a BEAST.

An "Altered Beast". [emoji6][emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rsleyum

Passed Driver's Ed
Congrats Beaker... you will love it had this turbo for few months and I’m loving it. The only downside as far as I can see the fuel gauge...the needle will drop down infront of your eyes with few hits ..stage 3 is a thirsty beast [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
Agreed, I am trying to get some comparative data on this versus the apr option. If you look at both dyno figures they pull the same power around the same rpms. its kind of interesting. I am just concerned how revo did this with a smaller turbo and swear that no internals need to be upgraded versus apr who claim you need to have the internals done.

My guess, either the APR kit left a bit with the EFR7163 or the Revo information is incorrect.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
I’d be happy to fill everyone in when I get this all setup. There are so many good options out there to choose from. This one just seemed like to best fit for me. I was really hoping to find a tuner that offered a turbo and tune which Revo had. This will be my fourth different Tuning software on this car so it will be interesting to see how it feels when done. I’m pretty excited for this to go in. Hopefully we will start the install next week. Just waiting for the HPFP and I decided to do the front sways, motor mounts and charge pipes all at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
She's a pricey bugger, but probably worth every penny post tuning!

Yes def not cheap. Fingers crossed!!!

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Hmmm...
Journal bearing compared to a ball bearing.

Yep old technology vs new technology. Garrett started a good thing.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
REVO"s website says 450 HP + with high octane, supporting mods, and their tune. Seems like a great turn key solution instead of spending hours/days on the dyno/data logging runs with the BOSS 500 and VTT options. There is a lot to be said about a company that invest hundreds of hours in testing and development so you don't have to.

This was a huge swaying factor for me personally. Not a desire to or mine to blaze a trail. Only time will tell, but I’m hopeful.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
I've had mine in since early December. One thing to note is that Revo is still figuring out the fueling for US cars. I had to install a HPFP in order to run their Stage 3 tune.

Also, the tune for US cars is still in beta, so they are still figuring out the fueling. However, for the most part, the tune is great as well as the turbo.

I guess the more cars that are out there the better results they will have and the more data too. I ordered the Autotech HPFP to go with the kit.

I think I am pulling the trigger on the same setup. Same shop, too. Smalltimore.

So there'll be a manual and a DSG twins running around.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
I think I am pulling the trigger on the same setup. Same shop, too. Smalltimore.

So there'll be a manual and a DSG twins running around.

I think you should jump right in with me and we make it a double build!!!!

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion