GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 Negative Camber Strut Mounts

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
034Motorsports'
Does the rubber puck have a metal plate molded inside?
I see this is where the upper shock bolts onto.
Cross section view?

It'd have to have a plate molded in the puck. I'm sure because the puck rubber is solid that there is very little chance of the metal deflecting, and if the plate has some structure I'd guess it vulcanized well. Either way, it looks to be easily rebuildable which is pretty great.

Another potential big winner from 034, very cool.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Anybody purchase/install these yet?

I'm really interested but would love to get some feedback on the NVH and performance.

Any opinions on if it's a good idea to run that much negative camber on a street driven setup? Would -2.5 degrees in the front destroy my tires even with 5000 mile rotations? I'm looking to put together a good street/mountains/maybe twice a year track day setup and I'd love to add some camber up front without the expense of an LCA setup, and I don't want the adjustability of traditional camber plates.

034Motorsport

Ready to race!
I wouldn't consider them based on the price alone. That's big money for some mounts...I'd rather put it towards real camber plates or coilovers that include them
Dynamic+ Camber Mounts are meant as a more affordable, streetable, and durable alternative to camber plates. We've installed many different camber plate setups for customers here over the years, and very few (if any) of them have ever requested to change the alignment from the initial install. We've also received many complaints about noise from the spherical bearings.

These cost a little over $150 more than a pair of factory mounts with bolts, and give you an extra 1.5 degrees of negative camber without the added NVH that is common with adjustable pillow top strut mounts.

Curious on the mount bolts.
Correct tightness on these I have learned is key.
How well will the threads in this aluminum mount hold up once you 90deg turn the steel bolts? A lot of load is going on this mount. I know they are hardened aluminum, but wonder about durability.

The upper part of shock fits up in rubber pad and does not touch any of the aluminum mount? Also how is upper shock bolt held in. Only see larger hole on top and not smaller hole in cup like 034 steel mounts.

Also, aside from extra camber, what do you see benefits compared to current 034 Mounts.
Sorry for questions.
The machined aluminum body is designed for use with the included bolts at the torque specifications listed. Just about all other camber plates on the market for this application also feature aluminum bodies which are significantly thicker than the steel used in the factory strut mounts.

The strut shaft is attached a a steel plate that is vulcanized into the rubber center puck.

The main benefits versus our standard Density Line Strut Mounts are the additional camber, further reduced strut mount deflection, and a rebuildable design.

It'd have to have a plate molded in the puck. I'm sure because the puck rubber is solid that there is very little chance of the metal deflecting, and if the plate has some structure I'd guess it vulcanized well. Either way, it looks to be easily rebuildable which is pretty great.

Another potential big winner from 034, very cool.
That is correct. The rubber inner puck features a vulcanized steel washer which attaches to the strut shaft. These will work with any suspension setup that is compatible with the factory strut mounts.

Anybody purchase/install these yet?

I'm really interested but would love to get some feedback on the NVH and performance.

Any opinions on if it's a good idea to run that much negative camber on a street driven setup? Would -2.5 degrees in the front destroy my tires even with 5000 mile rotations? I'm looking to put together a good street/mountains/maybe twice a year track day setup and I'd love to add some camber up front without the expense of an LCA setup, and I don't want the adjustability of traditional camber plates.
I think some more reviews will be coming in soon, as we've shipped a ton of these (figuratively, an actual ton would be a whole lot of mounts) in the past few weeks!

As long as you have a proper alignment otherwise with minimal toe up front, the additional tire wear will be insignificant. I have been running the Dynamic+ Camber Mounts in my GTI since July, and actually have more even tire wear overall, since the outers were getting chewed up on track from a lack of negative camber with the stock mounts.

The car is superb when driving on the street, and is much more responsive to steering inputs.

Hope that helps!

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Awesome response.

So what did your alignment front and rear look line with the mounts?

034Motorsport

Ready to race!
Awesome response.

So what did your alignment front and rear look line with the mounts?
I believe these are from the most recent alignment on the car. The rear has quite a bit of camber adjustment available via the eccentric bolt as well.

Front:
-2.6° Camber
7.6° Caster
0.4mm Toe

Rear:
-1.8° Camber
1.8mm Toe

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I think some more reviews will be coming in soon, as we've shipped a ton of these (figuratively, an actual ton would be a whole lot of mounts) in the past few weeks!

As long as you have a proper alignment otherwise with minimal toe up front, the additional tire wear will be insignificant. I have been running the Dynamic+ Camber Mounts in my GTI since July, and actually have more even tire wear overall, since the outers were getting chewed up on track from a lack of negative camber with the stock mounts.

The car is superb when driving on the street, and is much more responsive to steering inputs.

Hope that helps!

Not sure if you are the one that responded to my email through your website, but either way I've placed my order for these front mounts as well as a set of the HD rear mounts to assemble my new suspension. Because of New Years/holidays I'm not sure when all of my parts are going to be here but I will definitely give a review once they are installed.

If they do what they say they do, they are half the cost adjustable mounts and should be 100 times quieter and more durable. When you consider how difficult it is to adjust camber with plates unless you cut the strut tops, and the costs of other options to get another -1+ degree camber, these are a bargain.

I'm expecting similar camber specs to what you posted too, right now I'm about -1.1 degrees up front and -1.8 in the rear (last alignment, been a while) but I plan on keeping rear alignment similar and toe fairly neutral/stock spec.

Slow*Jim

Ready to race!
I had these installed yesterday. Have not had an alignment yet. Used new OE strut bearings. Little bit of noise over bumps but it's not bad at all. No change in tire/road noise.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I had these installed yesterday. Have not had an alignment yet. Used new OE strut bearings. Little bit of noise over bumps but it's not bad at all. No change in tire/road noise.
What's your little bit of noise? Not squeaks I assume?

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Slow*Jim

Ready to race!
Not squeaks, more of a quiet thunk over bumps, it's honestly barely noticeable. I think it may be due to the fact that the diameter of the strut bearing is about 1mm smaller than the diameter of the bottom of the strut mount so it may rattle around a bit. It's 100% silent in normal driving

Last edited:

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Not sure, it's honestly barely noticeable. I think it may be due to the fact that the diameter of the strut bearing is about 1mm smaller than the diameter of the bottom of the strut mount so it may rattle around a bit. It's 100% silent in normal driving
I got my mounts on Friday and I noticed the bearing and mount aren't a tight fit, but I figured when they got assembled and tensioned they'd be fine. Can't wait to get mine installed!

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Not sure, it's honestly barely noticeable. I think it may be due to the fact that the diameter of the strut bearing is about 1mm smaller than the diameter of the bottom of the strut mount so it may rattle around a bit. It's 100% silent in normal driving

Hmm...some things never change then. :(
It was like that on the MK6 mounts too:

On another note....just the mounts with stock suspension, or are you running other upgrades?

034Motorsport

Ready to race!
Thank you for all of the orders! We still have 5 pairs of Dynamic+ Camber Mounts for the Mk7 Volkswagen Golf/GTI/R in stock and ready to ship! Place your order before they're gone, and make your next track day or autocross event the best one yet. :cool: