GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thoughts on these alloys

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
Look nice mate..

What do you guys think of getting either 19" Santiagos or Brescias on my GTD?

Is it a simple process of buying and installing or is there more to take into account.

https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/wheels-golf7-volkswagen-5-spoke-rims-santiago-19-inch-golf-7-gti.htm

https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/wheels-19-inch-rims-brescia-golf-7-gti-genuine-volkswagen.htm

Yes just a strait swap.i prefer brescias. But a lot of people prefer Santiagos. Pick what one u prefer.

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
These wheels are now for sale as I have bought a new set. If anyone interested let me know.they have all 4 perilli p7 all season tyres with 8 mil of tred.however this is a couple of miner scuffs on the red pin stripe of all 4 alloys which have been touched in by my self and not noticable.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Intrigued to know why you’re selling them Mikey. You only bought them just over a couple of months ago.

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
Intrigued to know why you’re selling them Mikey. You only bought them just over a couple of months ago.

Just picked up the seville diamond cut. And I prefer them.the grey on grey was nice but I think the wheels would look better on a different colour.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
If you’ve got the storage space, I’d keep the grey powder coated Sevilles for winter use and fit the diamond cut Sevilles in the springtime when the harsher winter weather’s out of the way, and the local authorities have stopped spreading salt on the roads.

I’ve said it many times before (so apologies for saying it again :)) but diamond cut alloys aren’t really suited to winter use, as the diamond cut finish isn’t very durable, and it’s susceptible to white worm corrosion if the lacquered surface gets damaged, letting road salt and water ‘creep’ under the lacquer.

You can always sell the grey Sevilles on when you eventually sell your car, or if you replace your current car with one that has the same wheel spec/fitment as your current Golf, keep them for use on your next car.

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
If you’ve got the storage space, I’d keep the grey powder coated Sevilles for winter use and fit the diamond cut Sevilles in the springtime when the harsher winter weather’s out of the way, and the local authorities have stopped spreading salt on the roads.

I’ve said it many times before (so apologies for saying it again :)) but diamond cut alloys aren’t really suited to winter use, as the diamond cut finish isn’t very durable, and it’s susceptible to white worm corrosion if the lacquered surface gets damaged, letting road salt and water ‘creep’ under the lacquer.

You can always sell the grey Sevilles on when you eventually sell your car, or if you replace your current car with one that has the same wheel spec/fitment as your current Golf, keep them for use on your next car.

Yeh I agree they are better for winter use and I may keep them for winter as they have all perilli season tyres so they are ideal. But if someone offers me good cash I will consider selling as I have the original wheels aswell if i need to sell the motor. O