GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Full weight, pano roof sportwagen vs. SRT8 Charger

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I was coming home from work earlier than normal yesterday and saw a newer SRT8 coming up quick. I was in the express lanes and it was wide open. When he got near me I egged him on some to run. We got in like 3-4 good runs. Open highway and no other cars. I would have liked to start at a lower speed, but couldn't get him to go below 60-70 to start. Each time we went up to about 120 and it was side by side every race. The little wagon did well. It's auto trans, map 6 JB4, 3.5 gallons of ethanol, gutted gti downpipe and a drop in filter.

The guy ended up getting off the same exit as me and we caught a light next to each other. Talked for a minute and he was cool. He was very surprised by the sportwagen. He was even more surprised when I rolled down the rear window and showed him the car seats in the back.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Is your wagon 4motion equipped? Had one as a loaner while my car was at the dealer and it was fun at stop lights even in stock form with dsg. Csb by the way, those 392s move out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Is your wagon 4motion equipped? Had one as a loaner while my car was at the dealer and it was fun at stop lights even in stock form with dsg. Csb by the way, those 392s move out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm fwd. I believe it gives me the advantage in a roll race. I have no chance from a stop.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
It may have been the 6.1 hemi srt8. :).

It was a newer model. It's right in line with other cars I've run though. Was dead even with a Cayman S when I had a couple hundred pounds of crap in the back. I beat a Stinger GT buy a couple of cars, Beat a previous generation X6M by about 4 cars.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
It was a newer model. It's right in line with other cars I've run though. Was dead even with a Cayman S when I had a couple hundred pounds of crap in the back. I beat a Stinger GT buy a couple of cars, Beat a previous generation X6M by about 4 cars.
Dont those stingers make like 400hp?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Dont those stingers make like 400hp?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

365hp I believe. It was the awd GT. They trap like 108-110 range. I still have a few more things sitting in the garage that should help me put down the SRT8 if I see one again. Just need some free time. I have a BMS water/meth to go with the JB4 along with some other fueling upgrades so I can add some more boost.