GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Projector Retrofit Ed's MK7.5 reps

eddiemoney1

Just picked up a set of Ed's MK7.5 Replicas for MK7's to install on my 2015 Golf Sportwagen. I am definitely going to be putting in an HID system in but I was also thinking about picking up a pair of projectors to retrofit into these.

Has anyone with these or other Ed's replicas had any complaints about the light output with the projectors they come with? And has anyone done a projector retrifit on these headlights? Hoping a Morimoto Mini D2S will fit if I do decide to retrofit these, if not I'd use the Morimoto Mini H1

DieselLove

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack
This guy did the exact retrofit you're inquiring about, although it seems once he finished the project he never updated the thread: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15782

I have ran two different sets of the Ed's Mk7 reps, both with TRS/Morimoto HID components (5500K bulbs). The cutoff is decent yet colorful however, I found the light output to be lacking with a very narrow/concentrated hot spot. I'm planning a D2S retrofit on this current pair but haven't started the project yet.

fredothechimp

Passed Driver's Ed
This guy did the exact retrofit you're inquiring about, although it seems once he finished the project he never updated the thread: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15782

I have ran two different sets of the Ed's Mk7 reps, both with TRS/Morimoto HID components (5500K bulbs). The cutoff is decent yet colorful however, I found the light output to be lacking with a very narrow/concentrated hot spot. I'm planning a D2S retrofit on this current pair but haven't started the project yet.

I PM'd him a question awhile back, he was pretty quick to answer.

It doesn't look like the ED's headlights are permasealed so it shouldnt be hard.

haven't changed my projector (the one in the RFBs isn't bad after installing d2s bulbs, no experience with the Eds). Subscribing because i did the idea and love a good retro.

Keep thinking about the RFB's how was the space in the back of them? It would be a tight fit to install d2s/d2h bulbs on the ED's.

eddiemoney1

Yeah I saw that one, he swapped the Mini H1 into the MK7 Ed's. They look good! I'll be swapping into the MK7.5 Replica's so the shape is a little bit different, looks like there's some kind of circular shroud in there. I'm hoping the D2S projector fits in there without any cutting.

Something else I just thought of, retrofitting a different projector would probably remove the capability to adjust the light after install right? Or am I wrong in saying that?

Hope you make a post with your D2S projector swap!