• Yes, in carbon fiber

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • No way

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

dman918

Ready to race!
Hi All,

Just got my windows tinted and they look incredible. Started thinking that my car might look good with a black roof. My buddy thinks it’d be even better carbon fiber but I’m not so sure about that. At any rate, what are your thoughts on vinyl wrap on the roof? Local shop (very strong reputation) said they can do for $220.

Appreciate your thoughts!

Mike

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
A gloss black roof is what the CSS has, so it looks really good if done correctly. A few people have done it, but I haven't seen it on a blue car yet.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
The CF would look nice but my installer said they can be an issue to remove as it breaks up in pieces when removed. I went gloss black to match sun roof. The car looks like it has a tuxedo on. Classy. Go for it. Will help protect roof paint.

Clubsport

CF sample.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Go gloss black! It looks good but CF is a little too boy-racer imo.

dman918

Ready to race!
Quick other question : I’m not familiar with wrap. Can you run it through car washes? I have a pass for automatic brush car washes and want to be ok to still use. It’s a new place with higher quality soft bristles. Thanks.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Quick other question : I’m not familiar with wrap. Can you run it through car washes? I have a pass for automatic brush car washes and want to be ok to still use. It’s a new place with higher quality soft bristles. Thanks.

No, No, No.
Unless you want it scratched along with your paint.
Hand wand wash only or wash by hand.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
My roof is vinyl wrapped. It has been through one of those brush washes (soft, foam looking brushes, but still no good for the car) at least 3 times a month for about a year. It has not suffered any more than the rest of the paint.

That being said, my car is a new old stock TDI that was washed periodically by the dealer for ~2 years while it could not be sold so the paint was in need of correction at purchase (which was factored into what I paid for it). I plan to have the vinyl removed and the roof painted gloss black along with the paint correction and then protection. I won't be running through the brush wash after that.

805gti

Carbon!

I did mine a while ago and love it...granted I have a dark color car already...but it just adds a cool feel and look to the car. I also wrapped the back pieces under the spoiler.

Attachments

• IMG_1796-1.jpg
    IMG_1796-1.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_1797-1.jpg
    IMG_1797-1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_1798-1.jpg
    IMG_1798-1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 380