GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Parking Lights

GTI_Gregory

Hello everyone.

Here's a question whose answer may vary depending on whether your car is U.S. or European spec'd.

I noticed that on my car the parking lights seem only to operate all-'round, as opposed to having the option to choose left or right, as marked on the turn signal stalk. That can be a helpful feature, which I enjoyed using at parties in tightly-packed, dark driveways.

Does your MKVII give you the option of choosing? I don't know how long those parking lights will take to run down my battery when they're all in use.

Thanks!

pjr

Ready to race!
On a UK GTI, if you switch the ignition off and then move the indicator lever to the left or right, then the parking lights are turned on for that side. Although being LEDs as standard they probably don't use much power anyway.

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
OP, I have that feature activated on my MK6, it was coding that made it functional, chances are it will be the same for your MK7, nothing VAG COM can't do ;)

ZKK007

Ready to race!
It is a VAGCOM change that NA models have to make before it will work. Instructions can be found outline after a thougher search (I've found them in the past but didn't save them).

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
The tweak for one sided parking lights on North American Region vehicles was recently developed by LIJetta on the VWVortex forum. You can find the instructions here (post #580)