GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Challenger scat pack 1320

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
I mean, if you want a dragster, Dodge has you covered six ways to Sunday. And I can definitely see the appeal, for a certain audience. Those cars are pretty bad ass, in their own way.

20-year old me would have jumped at something like that. Mid-fifties me, not so much.

Travis9935

Ready to race!
I mean, if you want a dragster, Dodge has you covered six ways to Sunday. And I can definitely see the appeal, for a certain audience. Those cars are pretty bad ass, in their own way.

20-year old me would have jumped at something like that. Mid-fifties me, not so much.
Stage 2 gti's trap that at half the price!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
Stage 2 gti's trap that at half the price!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I don't think you get it, though. No offense, truly, but the appeal of these cars is not just numbers. It's bad ass big engines, normally aspirated is a plus, with a ton (well, two tons or more) of Detroit iron being pushed down the asphalt. It's the size, the presence, the history, the noise, the knowledge that, yes, this is so damn impractical and so not wise but still so damn fun.

If you've never ridden down a country road drinking Bud from tallboys and throwing them out the window to catch the airflow so they wind up, unfailingly, in the truck bed, and then gone into a muddy field to do donuts, or you've never wound out a 'Stang or a Camaro down southern two-lanes in the back woods, well, you might not quite understand the appeal.

Mind you, this is _not_ my world any more. I have zero interest in owning these types of cars these days; for cars that are toys give me a TT or a M240 or even better a Cayman. But somewhere in my southern soul there lurks a part saying, "Yeehaw!" and thinking thoughts of the General Lee.

N2fastcars

Ready to race!
There’s just something about a nasty V8!!! I completely understand the appeal.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Being a mopar guy at heart I really dig the 392 cars, jeep and Durango SRT ect.

Also a father of two, aspiring small business owner, and a commuter of a minimum of 60 miles per day I just can’t justify it.

I have had plenty of the backroad experiences as described above, between my built W250LE Cummins on 35s that ran the 1/4 quicker than most cars on this page and my old mans 2000 Roush Mustang 5MT on a sunny summer afternoon were a big part of my teens and early 20s. I’ve always had at least one Volkswagen in my name since I turned 16, but big American muscle is a whole different kind of fun

The 5.7 hemi isn’t all that impressive, but a 2018 Durango R/T is still my top pick for the wife’s new ride this coming spring. Just need to convince her it’s a better choice than the GMC ACADIA :rolleyes:

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
The 5.7 hemi isn’t all that impressive, but a 2018 Durango R/T is still my top pick for the wife’s new ride this coming spring. Just need to convince her it’s a better choice than the GMC ACADIA :rolleyes:

Hell, I hate Dodges but even I think the Durango R/T is a better choice than the GMC. I just loathe those things for some reason.