GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Most annoying thing about your GTI

WorkhorseGTi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTi SE 6MT
internet guess

OEM battery and the heat = battery on way out.

could just be weird glitch but if OEM battery I like it

It was pretty hot yesterday when it happened.... according to the little EYE on the batt, looks healthy.
I guess I’ll just keep an eye on it for now.

Thanks Mud

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WorkhorseGTi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTi SE 6MT
Whats this little eye?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Feels like I'm sitting really high in the gti even with seat all the way down when compared to sitting in my wifes 8v a3. Not trying to drive like a gangsta hoodlum but it kind of feels like my prius...

WorkhorseGTi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTi SE 6MT
Feels like I'm sitting really high in the gti even with seat all the way down when compared to sitting in my wifes 8v a3. Not trying to drive like a gangsta hoodlum but it kind of feels like my prius...

Not a 100% sure but I think that’s what makes ingress/egress a bit easier. Something I don’t miss about my old e90.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haboob

Passed Driver's Ed
Another thing that is annoying is that I don't have anywhere to rest my left arm while holding the wheel. The door panel is a bit too far and high, and the arm rest is a bit too low, and far, lol. Oh well.

I feel the exact same way. I'm coming from a 370Z, so I was quite low, but I sat in the passenger seat of the GTI and felt much lower than the drivers side.

I gotta figure out how to make the drivers side that low. I played with the buttons a little, but that was while I was driving so I didn't want to mess with it too much then.

Maybe when I have some time I'll mess about.

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
I get the idea of a gas light. Of course all cars need one. But I f^@€!?£ hate the prompt that comes up on the infotainment saying something like "gas is low, would you like directions to the closest gas station?" I truly hate it. Everytime I stop and start the car without filling up the prompt comes back and doesn't go away until I cancel it. It renders the infotainment useless until I cancel it or add gas. It's the worst! I'm not a moron. I am always cautious of my gas level. And gas stations are everywhere (I dont live in a super rural area) basically on every corner.

I hate it... I hate it. I hate it.

Will OBDeleven solve this?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I get the idea of a gas light. Of course all cars need one. But I f^@€!?£ hate the prompt that comes up on the infotainment saying something like "gas is low, would you like directions to the closest gas station?" I truly hate it. Everytime I stop and start the car without filling up the prompt comes back and doesn't go away until I cancel it.

You can change the setting so it doesn't prompt you to fill up when you're low on fuel. If I remember correctly this option is in the Navigation settings menu [emoji106]

Last edited:

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
You can change the setting so it doesn't prompt you to fill up when you're low on fuel. If I remember correctly this option is in the Navigation settings menu [emoji106]

Oh man, thank you Clem! I have explored the system time and time again, so when this started to annoy me (I usually fill before it comes on) I had assumed that the functionality just wasn't there. I'll go back and dig into the infotainment tomorrow to change it for good.

It is at least a very annoying default setting! Lol

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI