odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto

McCabe89

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Evo X & Golf R
I definitely agree with this. The MSS Kit is a great option I would be happy to answer any questions about these kits.You can read more about them here. I run the sport kit in my car and absolutely love it.

Transforms the way the DCC works entirely.

Bilstein has continually delayed their coilover kit for the MK7 with DCC for whatever reason. There are numerous complaints about the KW setup. There is no good solution right now for those wanting to ditch the factory controls or retain it with a bolt on plug and play coilover.

I've never heard of this kit before. Thanks for the info!

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Wonder why they are closing out, might just have to buy a set to sit in for when I inevitably buy a second Mk7. Anyone have feedback on ride quality. Looks like fixed dampening.

So now APR and Dinan are one very interesting.

Just bought a set.

Will let you know soon, if someone in Austin area will help with install. If not, will be a little longer to save up for professional install.

Will go with Powerflex camber adjustable bushing for an extra 0.5 degree of camber
volkswagengolfmk7frontwishbonefrontbushingcamberadjustable.aspx

&

Possibly, but unlikely ($800...ouch) Superpro LCA for another 0.5 degree of camber
http://superpro.suspension.parts/aloy0007k

Anyone run these together and will they work on TSI?

Was thinking camber plates but this is a daily.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Just bought a set.

Will let you know soon, if someone in Austin area will help with install. If not, will be a little longer to save up for professional install.

Will go with Powerflex camber adjustable bushing for an extra 0.5 degree of camber
volkswagengolfmk7frontwishbonefrontbushingcamberadjustable.aspx

&

Possibly, but unlikely ($800...ouch) Superpro LCA for another 0.5 degree of camber
http://superpro.suspension.parts/aloy0007k

Anyone run these together and will they work on TSI?

Was thinking camber plates but this is a daily.

You going to be selling your DG Springs?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Caesarmascetti

Passed Driver's Ed
Seems like the vast majority of people on the forum in your link are from Europe and even more west. I'm wondering if there has been the same issues in North America. I'm looking at the V1's or Street Comforts for my GTI.

be very careful I had V1's on my golf and had to get rid of them. They were way too harsh on the shitty roads around the Phila area

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Wonder why they are closing out, might just have to buy a set to sit in for when I inevitably buy a second Mk7. Anyone have feedback on ride quality. Looks like fixed dampening.

So now APR and Dinan are one very interesting.

I'd put money that they're just rebranded from the same manufacturer as the SoloWerks....except for the different springs. So I'm not sure I'd have my hopes too high.

Their version of the MK6 coilovers is IDENTICAL to the Solo's, for example, except for the Dinan sticker ;)
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25594&page=7

Just like SoloWerks, WRD, and the PwrHaus coilovers were all the same for the MK6 except different colored hardward and warranties

McCabe89

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Evo X & Golf R
be very careful I had V1's on my golf and had to get rid of them. They were way too harsh on the shitty roads around the Phila area

I feel like hardness is personally subjective but to each their own. I'm thinking Philly roads are equally as bad as Toronto. Thanks for the info. What did you change our the coilovers for?

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Don't have DG springs.
Still on stock springs.

Sorry, thought you were someone else.

Someone in Killeen has a Golf with DG Springs.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
The term Best is so overused these days... best for what?

Comfort, tracking, height adjustment, price etc.

A $3,500 set of custom valves Ohlins are going to be better than BC Racing coils, however a set of Koni Street Comforts will ride better.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Sorry, thought you were someone else.

Someone in Killeen has a Golf with DG Springs.

I think that's Anjo

Probably only other one from Killeen area.