GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC Software is now available for 2017 MY VW Golf R Audi S3 2.0T models!

Connie@GIAC

Passed Driver's Ed
GIAC engine and DSG software calibrations are now available in the U.S. market for the IS38 equipped, 2017 Golf R and Audi S3! The engine performance software offers dramatic improvements of 50-85 horsepower and 35-69 ft. /lbs over the factory tune, and includes a smoother throttle input in the 20% - 60% accelerator pedal range. The optional DSG software offers higher torque limits, increased clamping pressure, and improved shifting characteristics.

GIAC is proud to be the first and ONLY software calibrator with "On-the-fly" ECU map switching, which allows customers to instantly switch between 91-93 octane pump fuel and 100octane race fuel maps without even turning the car off.

Read more about GIAC programming for the MQB DQ250 DSG here.
Read more about GIAC programming for the MQB Golf R & S3 here.

Connie@GIAC

Passed Driver's Ed
So what if the DSG has a _4939 version number instead of _4937?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Am I correct in assuming that that number is coming from a 2017 S3? From what I see we may not have it for that one yet, but one of our dealers can read it out and we can make one for you. If you're interested in this, send me a PM!

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
GIAC engine and DSG software calibrations are now available in the U.S. market for the IS38 equipped, 2017 Golf R and Audi S3! The engine performance software offers dramatic improvements of 50-85 horsepower and 35-69 ft. /lbs over the factory tune, and includes a smoother throttle input in the 20% - 60% accelerator pedal range. The optional DSG software offers higher torque limits, increased clamping pressure, and improved shifting characteristics.

GIAC is proud to be the first and ONLY software calibrator with "On-the-fly" ECU map switching, which allows customers to instantly switch between 91-93 octane pump fuel and 100octane race fuel maps without even turning the car off.

Read more about GIAC programming for the MQB DQ250 DSG here.
Read more about GIAC programming for the MQB Golf R & S3 here.

Are there any plans to for launch control and no lift shifting for the 6 speed manual? This was eventually an option for the MK6 cars. I have yet to see any tuner offer this for the MK7 yet.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Not any more. This is the one decision I disagree with GIAC on.

It might be an inconvenience for the consumer, but do you have any idea what the fine to the EPA or the law suits that GIAC could face as a company based in California who is "tampering" with federally regulated emissions devices? I think they made the only decision they could, if this is the case on newer GIAC tunes.

(Shhh, I never had a CEL issue with my MK6 GIAC stage 2)

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
It might be an inconvenience for the consumer, but do you have any idea what the fine to the EPA or the law suits that GIAC could face as a company based in California who is "tampering" with federally regulated emissions devices? I think they made the only decision they could, if this is the case on newer GIAC tunes.

(Shhh, I never had a CEL issue with my MK6 GIAC stage 2)

They have their reasons. I don't have to like it, I don't know if clearing codes as soon as the appear is illegal though. They have by far the best software on the market.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I don't know if clearing codes as soon as the appear is illegal though.

That's not what their tune used to do. It probably doesn't need to be discussed to much, but there was definitely something "turned off" previously.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
It is one way to solve the CEL without having to have something "turned off"

Gotcha, and to your point about it potentially being illegal, it's borderline the same thing as just removing the light, but I feel like it's still going to throw a code at a smog check. Burger tends to be squeaky clean in dealing with the EPA.