GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Query on VCDS/OBDELEVEN

olly545

Anyone know if its possible to alter LED indicator lights on side mirrors using VCDS/OBDELEVEN?

I've altered my front and rear indicators to come on at a dim setting to act as "US Style Sidemarkers", I have a S model Tdi so no front fogs as standard, but installed a auto headlight switch, so I can now turn off/on my side markers with my front fog setting on headlight switch.

Cant seem to find any info on mirror LED's though, even after studying DV52's Lighting explanation.

Strange thing is, my brother has a polo and in it they are accesible with ease. Surely theres a way with the MK7??

Any help/advice appreciated.
Olly

WhiteVulpine

Ready to race!
I don't have an answer but hopefully I can add some insight.

TL;DR: yes you can

For how many forums I have scoured for VCDS settings, I find that my GTI is slightly different. Mainly, some things are named differently(English translation)? Others are listed as unknown when it should say something like stability control or what not. I ended up sitting in front of a store window with my VCDS hooked up, going down the list of Lichten (lights) trying to figure out which was which. I ended up getting mine to the right settings this way unfortunately.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone know if its possible to alter LED indicator lights on side mirrors using VCDS/OBDELEVEN?

I've altered my front and rear indicators to come on at a dim setting to act as "US Style Sidemarkers", I have a S model Tdi so no front fogs as standard, but installed a auto headlight switch, so I can now turn off/on my side markers with my front fog setting on headlight switch.

Cant seem to find any info on mirror LED's though, even after studying DV52's Lighting explanation.

Strange thing is, my brother has a polo and in it they are accesible with ease. Surely theres a way with the MK7??

Any help/advice appreciated.
Olly

Olly: Hi - always good to read that my paper is being used by others!

Yes, you are correct - the new Polo 6C does have a Leuchte-set that controls the mirror turn signals. In this car, these lamps are wired directly to the Body Control Module (BCM), or what OBD11 calls "Central Electrics".

However, on the mk7 which is built on a MQB platform, the LEDs on the mirrors are wired back to their respective passenger/driver door control modules. There is no direct connection between these door controllers and the BCM, except via communication messages over the CAN bus.

The turn signal on a mk7 is generated by the steering module and it is then sent separately to the door modules and the BCM. Leuchte programming can only be done in the BCM (alas), so it's fundamentally problematic to do what you want - sorry!!

Don

olly545

WhiteVulpine/DV52,

Many Thanks for replies and insights into how LED mirror lights are controlled. I had a sneaky suspicion that it wasnt available as all other lighting channels for indicators had the BLK abbreviation attached, and since none of the other "unknown" channels had this abbreviation, i figured it probably wasnt available.

Yes your paper has been super helpful and I would now classify myself as "comfortable with leutche programming on MQB platform" so its definately helped.

As before, thanks for help, I guess i'll just have to get by editing all the other lights instead.

Olly