GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LEFT DRL LED (UU) flickering on Parking Light function.

pedroanno

Hello,

I´m having an issue with the DRL LED headlight that I bought for my golf mk7 tsi 2015. The Angel Eyes(Double UU) works just fine in all functions(low beam, high beam, daytime running light only), except when I rotate the dial to the parkng light position ( ::I><I:: ). The headlight is chinese made and doesn´t have any brand name.

It starts to blink when I switch to the parking light(how the symbol looks like ::I><I:: ) , but only the LEFT SIDE (Right side if you look from the outside of the car).

I suspect that this has something to do with the factoryparking light function, which is single sided(left side).

Does anyone know what channel on VCDS do I have to look and change???
I´m from Brazil and I couldn´t find this information in any brazilian website, so sorry for the grammar. : )

pedroanno

Update: I'm still waiting for the vcds cable that I got on the web to arrive at my home.

The shop that I installed the headlights made a series of testing, like double checking the cables and everything.

They did a curious test, which was to invert the sides of the headlight. Put the left on the right side of the car and the right one on left side. The result was: ONLY THE LEFT SIDE BLINKS in Parking light(position light), and the rest works just fine.

They put back the original lights and there was woking parking light on both sides, dispite of what I said some posts before(my bad).

And I got the manufacture name: Sonar

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
If they did the test as you described then that proves the fault is in the head light unit & not the car wiring or switch...........must be a bad connection in the unit itself...........

pedroanno

If the flicker happen only on the headlight of the driver side, and after they switch the headlights and still flicker the driver side...
I think this means that the headlight it self is working fine...right?
Well, I'm very confused and also about to return the product...

[emoji17]

pedroanno

Problem solved via vcds.

I needed to modify the lamp type to led drl. And the flickering is gone.

Thanks to DV52 from vwwatercoled.com.au