GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Double DRL on bi-xenon headlights

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Huge improvement - if only for losing the stupid red stripe!

vrod

Ready to race!
@James75 - It's really easy mate, if you wish I can source it for you here in Germany where I live. I see you have the Dynamic Light Assist as well, so same procedure for you as for me. :)

@Mark V - Indeed, the headlights looks a lot more premium and "complete" now with the second U-LED and the LED indicators. About the red line, I'll drive it around for a month and then make the decision to color them or not. I know a dutch guy who can do it pretty easy for some cash but I'm not sure if it's worth the hazzle.

James75

Go Kart Champion
@James75 - It's really easy mate, if you wish I can source it for you here in Germany where I live. I see you have the Dynamic Light Assist as well, so same procedure for you as for me. :)

@Mark V - Indeed, the headlights looks a lot more premium and "complete" now with the second U-LED and the LED indicators. About the red line, I'll drive it around for a month and then make the decision to color them or not. I know a dutch guy who can do it pretty easy for some cash but I'm not sure if it's worth the hazzle.

I am with Mark V - I could live without the red stripe although it would be quite unique to put it in place with double DRL's

I may take you up on the offer at a later date - I take it I would need the LED indicator coded though? And is it a case of removing the bumper to install the lights?

James

vrod

Ready to race!
I am with Mark V - I could live without the red stripe although it would be quite unique to put it in place with double DRL's

I may take you up on the offer at a later date - I take it I would need the LED indicator coded though? And is it a case of removing the bumper to install the lights?

James
Yes you will need to code the CECM to the LED indicators, it took me a couple of minutes to do it with VCDS, if you don't have a cable I suppose somebody could do it for you or lend theirs to you.

About the bumper stuff, I actually removed too many bolts since I thought I had to remove the whole bumper, but it turned out that you just have to remove a few bolts in each side and loosen some tighteners inside of the bumper to free it from the rest of the car. This is for the side bolt of the headlight, the 3 other bolts are accessible from the top. You could probably do this in a couple of hours, took me 3 as I wanted to verify the functionality of the new lights before I threw them in.

James75

Go Kart Champion
Yes you will need to code the CECM to the LED indicators, it took me a couple of minutes to do it with VCDS, if you don't have a cable I suppose somebody could do it for you or lend theirs to you.

About the bumper stuff, I actually removed too many bolts since I thought I had to remove the whole bumper, but it turned out that you just have to remove a few bolts in each side and loosen some tighteners inside of the bumper to free it from the rest of the car. This is for the side bolt of the headlight, the 3 other bolts are accessible from the top. You could probably do this in a couple of hours, took me 3 as I wanted to verify the functionality of the new lights before I threw them in.

Okay - I imagined that would be the case, there's a company here in the UK I'd probably ask to do the work - I am not technically minded :)

They retrofitted Xenons on my last VW.

James

Imperialgrunt

My question is; would I be able to use the BEC/HELIX aftermarket lights on my MK7 LP, *with* losing the cornering and adaptive features?

My LP lights are in pretty bad shape, and I don't really care for the features on the Bi-xenon LP lights. So as long as the aftermarket lights worked, I wouldn't mind sacrificing the OEM features.