GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blind spot detection audio?

Mikejt1954

Passed Driver's Ed
I could have sworn that when I got my 2019 R it had an audio warning if there was a car in your blind spot and you tried to change lanes. Doesn’t anymore. Am I wrong? Thank you for your replies.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I have an 18 SE and there isn't any audio on it either. There should be.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I believe only reverse.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

sjdarcy2000

When I took delivery a month ago salesman told me no audio cues. Just the light for blind spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
Doesn't it have a "steering wheel shaker"? I swear my 2018 R freaked out the other day when I changed lanes after passing someone who was already clear behind me but the light on the mirror was still on for some reason. I knew I was clear so I said FU and continued but it sure annoyed me when it tried to prevent me from changing lanes.

And YES I was sufficiently past the guy going faster than him so I did NOT cut him off.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Doesn't it have a "steering wheel shaker"? I swear my 2018 R freaked out the other day when I changed lanes after passing someone who was already clear behind me but the light on the mirror was still on for some reason. I knew I was clear so I said FU and continued but it sure annoyed me when it tried to prevent me from changing lanes.

And YES I was sufficiently past the guy going faster than him so I did NOT cut him off.

I think that's lane assist, not the blind spot detection. Using the blinkers turns off the resistance.