GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Mods no one talks about

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Wouldn't the first thing on your list with the exception of JB4 void the warranty anyway?
Jb4 wouldn't. No. Any flash would 100%.

Carry on.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Oil coolers? Radiators? Heat extractors?

We probably don't hear about them because I think the stock systems are so over-engineered. It used to be required if you added as much power as everyone on here does; I remember a friend's turbo eclipse that could overheat at the end of a single pull until he upgraded the cooling systems. It seems like even the hardcore track rats on here really only add a small aux oil cooler and it takes a lot of abuse to need that.

My stage 2 car needs additional cooling for track use.

On the street it’s never seen anything out of its normal range, but at the track in the second and third sessions it wrapped coolant temp all the way around as well as 275*F oil temp

Nobody talks about this because you’d never drive hard enough to experience this on the street and most weekend warrior track guys kept stock power or close to it.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Jb4 wouldn't. No. Any flash would 100%.

Carry on.

Which is why I pointed out you only mentioned voiding the warranty at step 4, at least that is what it seems like you meant. ;)

Last edited:

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Nobody really talks about 2slowvw or Jay745 enough.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Just like a referee. You don't notice the good ones very often.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Shh if you say their names 3 times they'll show up

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion

Last edited:

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I like the driver mod, noone ever talks about that, but its the most important one. I don't drive crazy really ever, but i'm sure some on here do and taking a class would be the most beneficial.

Jasoneon

Passed Driver's Ed

On the street it’s never seen anything out of its normal range, but at the track in the second and third sessions it wrapped coolant temp all the way around as well as 275*F oil temp

Nobody talks about this because you’d never drive hard enough to experience this on the street and most weekend warrior track guys kept stock power or close to it.

Damn 275* is up there. I wonder how much an aluminum oil pan with some fins on it would help. I’ve seen 224 just cruising on the interstate on a mile or so long uphill grade. Should have checked when I went flat out for almost a mile. I bet it was really cooking then.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

What are you using for additional cooling?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Damn 275* is up there. I wonder how much an aluminum oil pan with some fins on it would help. I’ve seen 224 just cruising on the interstate on a mile or so long uphill grade. Should have checked when I went flat out for almost a mile. I bet it was really cooking then.

That’s not a good comparison at all, at the track I used a full tank of fuel at 8mpg. That’s in 1 hour of track time lol, not happening on the street

What are you using for additional cooling?

Nothing, all stock.

Mind you this isn’t some finely tuned track weapon, it’s my daily driver with two car seats in the back.

For reference, at the Tail of the Dragon this weekend running pretty decently hard oil temp reached 240*F

On my normal commute with some pulls and stop n go traffic I’ll see 225* or less even at 100* ambient.

It’s not an issue due to anything but abusing all 325whp or whatever it’s making

Jasoneon

Passed Driver's Ed
That’s not a good comparison at all, at the track I used a full tank of fuel at 8mpg. That’s in 1 hour of track time lol, not happening on the street

I wasn’t comparing, just saying that’s a huge jump over normal driving. But I also just re-read it and saw you said “sessions” and not “laps” like I thought I saw. I was thinking 3 laps and he’s hitting 275*? What’s he on the Nurburgring?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Alt+248 on the num pad gives you degrees symbol if you're on PC FYI