GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maestro DIY Tuning Help

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
If you want a datapoint here is mine: Audi S3 Stage 1.5 at 4300' elevation, around 25 psi peak. If you assume the injection window is 1/2 of what you'd get vs PI, the equation to calculate duty cycle is {injector pulsewidth} * {engine speed} * 0.6 / 320.

In my above scenario I get around 60 percent duty cycle max on 91 pump gas.

picture of log showing rpm, boost, pw and duty cycle (4th gear)

https://i.imgur.com/ZQkuiXZ.png

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
ED Support got back to me and told me their 1.8 test car was DSG so left foot brake won't work on my MT car.

*Currently there is no left foot brake for ED 1.8 6MT cars.*

Do you guys have left foot braking for your Maestro tunes? I don't seem to have it on my 1.8 tune. I'm assuming 2.0 guys have it because Twist brake boosts.

rotaryguy

Passed Driver's Ed
That's not the DI pulse width, when you enable MPI the Injector Pulse Width becomes the two combined.

You want a 2:1 ratio. For example, 10ms MPI pulse width and 15ms Injector pulse width (which is actually 5ms DI).

If you want a datapoint here is mine: Audi S3 Stage 1.5 at 4300' elevation, around 25 psi peak. If you assume the injection window is 1/2 of what you'd get vs PI, the equation to calculate duty cycle is {injector pulsewidth} * {engine speed} * 0.6 / 320.

In my above scenario I get around 60 percent duty cycle max on 91 pump gas.

picture of log showing rpm, boost, pw and duty cycle (4th gear)

https://i.imgur.com/ZQkuiXZ.png

Thanks guys. That is the type of information that is really useful. Is this typical of systems running both DI and PI or an ED Maestro thing? Since adding some Gasoline and bringing my mix down to ~E50 I can maintain port rail pressure where before when running straight E85 it would drop at around 30psi of boost. Knowing more about what the DI MPI split should look like will help a lot.

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Pressure drop after 5800? It looks like some of the rail pressure tables call for this. I really don't know which one is active and when. Any harm in making all the table cells say "200005.0304" after 1095 mg/stk? Will this pressure drop be a problem when I start tuning for E30?

This is the first rail pressure table:

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Bump for why the tune requests lower rail pressure. I also noticed towards 6500 RPM, the car wasn't quite meeting the lower requested rail pressure.

Any harm in increasing the rail pressure at high load/RPM? It it basically be doing what a JB4 does when someone sets a higher FOL value?

Pressure drop after 5800? It looks like some of the rail pressure tables call for this. I really don't know which one is active and when. Any harm in making all the table cells say "200005.0304" after 1095 mg/stk? Will this pressure drop be a problem when I start tuning for E30?

This is the first rail pressure table:

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Thanks for the table. So it is programmed that way. You can see airmass hits below 1100 in your log at ~5800 and then fuel pressure drops to 170k. I was concerned it was dropping because it couldn't keep up but as you can see from the table in column 1095 that it is supposed to. lambda, injector pw, lambda controller all look good. I'd leave it alone.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Thanks for the confirmation. If my next map revision looks fairly clean, I'm going to start introducing ethanol. :)

Is this totally crazy?

1. Put E30 in the tank.
2. Use my JB4 to introduce 1 PSI after 3500 RPM up to 6000. (My current boost curve is a little conservative.)
3. If the car takes that 1 PSI (probably will), start moving that slider to the right.

There reason why I want to do it this way is because I don't want to retune my higher load timing columns on straight 93 right now.

Drawback is I have to remember to pull the slider back and go back to map 0 on the JB4 when I'm back on straight 93.

Thanks for the table. So it is programmed that way. You can see airmass hits below 1100 in your log at ~5800 and then fuel pressure drops to 170k. I was concerned it was dropping because it couldn't keep up but as you can see from the table in column 1095 that it is supposed to. lambda, injector pw, lambda controller all look good. I'd leave it alone.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
No ethanol slider for 1.8s right now (or ever).

I wanted to avoid having a separate tune for E30. I'll do it (for science) but I kinda wanted to skirt around that. For a IS20, do you think there are much gains for running 27 PSI over 25 PSI? Maybe I'll just move that slider for now. :p

You don't want the JB4 on there.
Add E30 to current tune.
adjust ethanol settings
flash
log
compare
adjust boost

timing last, boost first

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
First time using an ethanol tester. The liquid did not reach the top line after I shook it. I'm pretty sure I got the water right but maybe I didn't put enough E85
in? Assuming I didn't put enough E85 in, what would my reading be had I done it correctly? Next time I should fill to above the line under the word "FUEL"?

Last edited: