GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rough idle

eajr

Go Kart Champion
I had a rough idle starting around 49k. I replaced coils and plugs, and it still resumed. I ended up needing a carbon cleaning after further inspection, and car is driving smooth once again.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I had a rough idle starting around 49k. I replaced coils and plugs, and it still resumed. I ended up needing a carbon cleaning after further inspection, and car is driving smooth once again.

Sort of what I was thinking may need to happen.

What did you pay for your carbon cleaning if you don't mind me asking? A very reputable local shop is asking $734 after tax, feels high.

My neighbor is an experienced mechanic and claims to have the equipment for walnut blast, but I'm not sure I want to go that route.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Sort of what I was thinking may need to happen.

What did you pay for your carbon cleaning if you don't mind me asking? A very reputable local shop is asking $734 after tax, feels high.

My neighbor is an experienced mechanic and claims to have the equipment for walnut blast, but I'm not sure I want to go that route.

I paid right around $750 at my VW dealer, I do almost all of my service there, with the same tech everytime.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I paid right around $750 at my VW dealer, I do almost all of my service there, with the same tech everytime.

Lol my dealer wants $1600 for carbon cleaning. Fucking Bay Area nonsense. They said if I can get a fault code (no codes at all so far) that requires removal of intake manifold under the CA emissions warranty, then they’ll do the cleaning for $400.

My neighbor will do it for $375 plus my getting parts to redo injector seals or a local shop will do it for $750.

034 Motorsport is $850 and is right up the road too.

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Lol my dealer wants $1600 for carbon cleaning. Fucking Bay Area nonsense. They said if I can get a fault code (no codes at all so far) that requires removal of intake manifold under the CA emissions warranty, then they’ll do the cleaning for $400.

My neighbor will do it for $375 plus my getting parts to redo injector seals or a local shop will do it for $750.

034 Motorsport is $850 and is right up the road too.

Have you checked out Dubclinic in Santa Clara? They’ve done a few things for me and their rates seem fair.