GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

I had some fun blasting around the backroads of Western MA last night behind one of these. My car is bone stock except for wheels and tires, so he could have dumped me like a hot rock anytime he wanted to. In the twisty stuff though, when he gassed it a bit I was right with him.

So what kind of GTI build would it take to actually run with a car like this?

Stock.

JK. Mighty Car Mods built a golf R that could run with supercars, but I'm not sure you could achieve the same thing with a GTI. I'm sure you could get close

I had a 458 throw a rock into my windshield and break it so thats cool. "TAKE THAT YOU PEASANT. YOU THINK YOU CAN RUN WITH ME?"

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Stock.

JK. Mighty Car Mods built a golf R that could run with supercars, but I'm not sure you could achieve the same thing with a GTI. I'm sure you could get close

I had a 458 throw a rock into my windshield and break it so thats cool. "TAKE THAT YOU PEASANT. YOU THINK YOU CAN RUN WITH ME?"

It's those sticky, soft supercar tires. I have a set on a car and no lie, you can hear it picking up every little pebble and throwing it into your wheel wells when the window is down. They look like a dirty tape strip after a drive sometimes, so much stuff sticks to them.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
It's those sticky, soft supercar tires. I have a set on a car and no lie, you can hear it picking up every little pebble and throwing it into your wheel wells when the window is down. They look like a dirty tape strip after a drive sometimes, so much stuff sticks to them.

Yep. My buddy had a set on his FD RX-7 and it was the same way

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Is there any true way to tell if a clutch is broken in correctly or finally broken in. Im at about 650 miles of break in, sheet said do 5-700 havn't ripped it yet or gone past 3k rpm. Just curious if anyone knows or its just like yeah 700 miles should be good you can rip it now.

eXult

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
Is there any true way to tell if a clutch is broken in correctly or finally broken in. Im at about 650 miles of break in, sheet said do 5-700 havn't ripped it yet or gone past 3k rpm. Just curious if anyone knows or its just like yeah 700 miles should be good you can rip it now.
Honestly if the sheet said 500 to 700, and not an exact mileage, then personally at 700 I'd let it rip. They give a range as a buffer.

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Car(s)
milfs
ya says 5-700, if more highway go to 1000 lol
I put like 1300 on my southbend stage 3 before getting on it. Got to like 1600 or so before launching. Thankfully, I had a lot of long drives scheduled for work, so I got it done quick.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I put like 1300 on my southbend stage 3 before getting on it. Got to like 1600 or so before launching. Thankfully, I had a lot of long drives scheduled for work, so I got it done quick.

most of my miles have been stop and go which is probably better for it than highway, im probably going to give it til like 750

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Car(s)
milfs
You're fine, then. Just send it whenever you feel like it, there is no way it hasn't worn in yet.

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI

I had some fun blasting around the backroads of Western MA last night behind one of these. My car is bone stock except for wheels and tires, so he could have dumped me like a hot rock anytime he wanted to. In the twisty stuff though, when he gassed it a bit I was right with him.

So what kind of GTI build would it take to actually run with a car like this?

Sorry to say, those two cars are not even on the same planet. The only way you can run with that car is if the driver of the 458 promises to keep it under 1/8-1/4 throttle max. Trust me. I own both. Both are great cars for their intended purposes, and probably the two best cars I’ve owned (and I’ve had a lot), but can’t compare the performance of the two against each other. Unless maybe we can do some sort of top gear style competition, like who can move a pile of bricks from point A to point B faster! Lol

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Is there a GTI rear door card set that has the red led bar like the front doors?

Cool Hand Pete

Ready to race!
I’ve had the 034 Motorsports Dogbone Mount insert installed for about 14 months. I just learned about the bending of the dogbone arm without an upper insert.

https://store.034motorsport.com/bil...-5-audi-a3-s3-rs3-mkiii-audi-tt-tts-ttrs.html

Should I install their upper insert and keep my lower insert, or would it be better to purchase both new to be safe?

In the meantime, should I remove the lower insert to be safe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I’ve had the 034 Motorsports Dogbone Mount insert installed for about 14 months. I just learned about the bending of the dogbone arm without an upper insert.

https://store.034motorsport.com/bil...-5-audi-a3-s3-rs3-mkiii-audi-tt-tts-ttrs.html

Should I install their upper insert and keep my lower insert, or would it be better to purchase both new to be safe?

In the meantime, should I remove the lower insert to be safe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leaving the bent one in won't hurt anything. Mine has been in for 3 years and 45k milles bent