GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vibration and noise during acceleration

ibox4real

2015 Golf GTD, 90000 km or 60000 miles.

I have noticed when city driving for a while i get this vibration in the front that i feel through the gas pedal while accelerating above 2000 rpm. Also there is much more noise than usual. When i disengage the clutch the vibration goes away.

The funny thing is i don't get the vibrations at the beginning of the drive. Everything seems fine but after a few stops and accelerations i start to get those symptoms. The symptoms seem to appear faster when when go into the higher rpm-s while accelerating. Also once i have drive for a while without gear changes the symptoms seems to go away.

I have let the dealer have a look at car and they said they did not find anything significant besides thes front tires being too worn.

I am kinda at a loss what issue could be. Is it the clutch, DMF, inner CV joints?

There is also a squeelng noise coming from the front when cold starting the car. According to the dealer the timing belt and waterpump replacement is due. Could this be creating vibrations and extra noise ?

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
There is also a squeelng noise coming from the front when cold starting the car. According to the dealer the timing belt and waterpump replacement is due. Could this be creating vibrations and extra noise ?

Yes.