GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Windshield replacement: OEM vs Fuyao

Slipstream

loweritonh&rsports.com
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Got mine replaced with Pilkington a few months ago and its perfect. The clarity is 10x better than OEM and there is no (at normal viewing angles) distortion when looking through the curved part of the glass like there was with OEM . Everything is even and looks great. I think it's quieter than OEM too

I'm happy enough with my Pilkington replacement as well.

I would 100% recommend getting St. Gobain if you can, but if you can't (and I couldn't), Pilkington is still better than the "OEM" glass from Vitro being used in the Puebla factory.

amsr

Ready to race!
Well I got an OEM piece of glass. Glass looks great! They missed the trim piece at the top and had to order it separately. Also the side trim won’t sit flush. It seems to like lay on top of the window instead on along the side. Is there some insulation that is supposed to fasten it behind the A pillar or anchor or something? It’s mainly an issue at the bottom by the cowl. Also is there any adjustment in the mirror anchoring? It seems ever so slightly off from how it was from the factory?

ggweci

Go Kart Newbie
I checked a couple suppliers and both said the Saint-Gobain doesn’t make a windshield for the 2019 models. Only options I was offered was OEM or FUYAO. That latter was a couple hundred dollars less expensive, so leaning towards that based on the comments here and due to the fact that OEM seems to break if you look at it the wrong way.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I took a rock to the windshield during a spirited group drive 2 weeks ago. I watched the rock get kicked up and hit my windshield. The sound was loud. There looked to be a good crack in my windshield. When we stopped, I examined the crack and found it was just dirt from the rock! The Fuyo windshield survived! I'm almost positive the factory glass would have been cracked.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
I took a rock to the windshield during a spirited group drive 2 weeks ago. I watched the rock get kicked up and hit my windshield. The sound was loud. There looked to be a good crack in my windshield. When we stopped, I examined the crack and found it was just dirt from the rock! The Fuyo windshield survived! I'm almost positive the factory glass would have been cracked.

This makes me sad, and happy at the same time. Sad that I’ve only had OEM glass replacement, happy that should I need to replace it with #5 that there is a better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk