GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I've turned it down to keep my corrections under 1, it's still very fun as it is. I am looking forward to getting my downpipe on though

I was on the turnpike today so I have some e85 mix (3.998 gallons) with the rest being 93, I'll do some pulls tomorrow and see what things look like
Wooo. Turn the boost up!

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL
Try holding 20psi to 5500. How does it feel?

Car feels great and pulls very strong, love the additional sound too of the higher boost.

Won't be doing any more pulls until tomorrow, flying out for work

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Car feels great and pulls very strong, love the additional sound too of the higher boost.

Won't be doing any more pulls until tomorrow, flying out for work
You can likely push the boost up a bit between 3k to 4k.

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL
Not totally related to this thread, but does anyone have any suggestions on where to get the a 65mm to 60mm exhaust reducer? Trying to mate the stock golf r downpipe to my factory alltrack exhaust and I am coming up blank with online searches

Also, any looking to hollow out the first cat on these downpipes this is how I did mine
1. 3/4” spade bit on a right angle adapter and a flex shaft, drilled a few holes out of the center of the cat material
2. Cut a 4”x6” panel on the back side of the cat then knocked out the material to free up some space and then pulled it out in big chunks
3. Have panel welded back on
I had my shop vac handy the entire time try and prevent debris from getting down the pipe into the second cat

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL

gregork

hey folks! been a while since i posted here.
I am on the 1.8t with is20, have an APR down pipe. jb4.
I was on map 6 but started having issues with the car stuttering some and somewhere between 3K-4K rpm it would have a sort of hiccup.
put this on map 2 and still experienced some of these things, even under low loads the car would stutter (even at idle) and sometimes go into limb mode.

had it on map1 for some time and have not had these issues really. im ready to dial things back up though.

this is really tough to capture on the logs because it is so intermittently, but definitely makes the map not usable because asap i turn off the loggin it acts up :)

could my sparkplugs have anything to do with it? im running denso ikh24.