GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My GTI my way

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Thanks. I did hit a little bump with my foot almost to the floor in second and my tires spun and it suddenly hooked. It even sounded bad.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Well I finally got to the track with my car at Toronto Motorsports Park. It was far more violent than I expected and now I'm looking around for seats. It was a very humbling experience.
I may put Golf TSI front brakes on my car and run 15"" slicks at the drag strip in 2 weeks. I somehow need to do it.
And a pic because I like threads with pics.

Last edited:

Square1

Go Kart Champion
And the latest acquisition for my car. It should be up and running within 2 weeks. I'll try to get some before and after dyno results. I need a really cheap winter hobby.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
The turbo and fueling is going in tomorrow finally after sitting on the fence all summer. I'm glad to see that CTS MPI uses threaded inserts instead of the melt/press in inserts. LPFP will be going in aswell but no Torqbyte.
I'm a little sad to see my APR tune go down the tube and it's worked well with the JB4 stack and WMI. There is definitely lots of fun to be had with the IS38.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Well my turbo upgrade didn't happen due to a few family issues. I considered parting ways with my car but I had some friends point out it does put me in my happy place. The turbo can wait until spring but I'll do it.
I installed a Fluidampr on my car and although I was skeptical and truthfully I felt a little dumb paying that much for a pulley and bolt it is a huge difference. My car went from feeling like a farm tractor to a new vehicle. The wonder pulley works.
I took a tour the other day and I realized I still enjoy this car a lot. I'll hang on to it for a while.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Well my turbo upgrade didn't happen due to a few family issues. I considered parting ways with my car but I had some friends point out it does put me in my happy place. The turbo can wait until spring but I'll do it.
I installed a Fluidampr on my car and although I was skeptical and truthfully I felt a little dumb paying that much for a pulley and bolt it is a huge difference. My car went from feeling like a farm tractor to a new vehicle. The wonder pulley works.
I took a tour the other day and I realized I still enjoy this car a lot. I'll hang on to it for a while.

The Fluidampr makes that much of a difference?

Square1

Go Kart Champion
The Fluidampr makes that much of a difference?
I kid you not. I felt like like an idiot after I purchased it and it sat on my desk for 3 months. My only regret is not doing it sooner. Everything from start up to idle to driving around in traffic feels better. Almost all the NVH from the mounts etc. is gone.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I kid you not. I felt like like an idiot after I purchased it and it sat on my desk for 3 months. My only regret is not doing it sooner. Everything from start up to idle to driving around in traffic feels better. Almost all the NVH from the mounts etc. is gone.

Thanks. I've been thinking of getting one. What mounts do you have?

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Thanks. I've been thinking of getting one. What mounts do you have?
I have the complete ECS kit. They look pretty but that didn't help the lower one. I'm currently running a stock one until I make a new one.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I have the complete ECS kit. They look pretty but that didn't help the lower one. I'm currently running a stock one until I make a new one.

You’re going to make your own?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk