GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wastegate

mdgolf

Clear the code......start the car..does the car make a whoosh pidgeon sound when at 1100rpm??…then the wastegate is sticking open...
The car was making the whoosh noise when the problem initially started, but it isn’t happening anymore. I took the car a good drive last night and it never skipped a beat, really strange how to engine light is still on though. Any thoughts Dave?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
The car was making the whoosh noise when the problem initially started, but it isn’t happening anymore. I took the car a good drive last night and it never skipped a beat, really strange how to engine light is still on though. Any thoughts Dave?

without plugging VCDS in & interrogating the ECU its just guesswork...

mdgolf

Have been driving car a lot over the past few weeks and it isn't getting any better. I have been looking online for turbos and have found some on eBay in the region of £100-£300, some even less at £80. Would anyone recommend buying a turbo online? My only concern is obviously there is no way to check the condition of it before buying. Has anyone bought a turbo or a significant part online before?