GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vargas Turbo Build - 2017 GTI SE

Navi

Autocross Champion
I am happy with the performance. The car is fast as hell. As for the dyno... I certainly was hoping for something like 440hp (DynoJet equivalent) on E30, but I was told their dyno was a "heartbreaker" prior, so I guess I'm not surprised that it read lower than I hoped. I was actually pleasantly surprised at how high the torque was and that it was so much higher than the HP number. I thought that it would be the other way around. At least, that's what I've seen on other dyno sheets.

I can tell you that the guys at the shop were VERY impressed. The manager has a Mk6 GTI that has ever mod in the book and dyno'ed much lower on their dyno. A Z4 with a supercharger dyno'd at 227 right before me and it sounded pretty strong.

The track is next!

every single dyno in existence is a heart breaker :D

vw671

Autocross Newbie
That sorta sucks though as now you can't really use it as intended (to see tuning comparisons on your own car) but he did what he had to do. Also, I find it amazing the difference between his dyno and EQTs. That's another 100whp for you right there. :D

Mustang vs Dynocom

I never dynoed at his old location so it doesn't effect me.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
I am happy with the performance. The car is fast as hell. As for the dyno... I certainly was hoping for something like 440hp (DynoJet equivalent) on E30, but I was told their dyno was a "heartbreaker" prior, so I guess I'm not surprised that it read lower than I hoped. I was actually pleasantly surprised at how high the torque was and that it was so much higher than the HP number. I thought that it would be the other way around. At least, that's what I've seen on other dyno sheets.

I can tell you that the guys at the shop were VERY impressed. The manager has a Mk6 GTI that has ever mod in the book and dyno'ed much lower on their dyno. A Z4 with a supercharger dyno'd at 227 right before me and it sounded pretty strong.

The track is next!

But the estimated Dynojet numbers are also to low. Stage-3 on E30 should be mid 400's on a Dynojet. Please talk to Jon.

CrossFit67

Ready to race!
Good stuff. I hope you have fun with it! Can’t wait to hear your experiences at track. From a fellow WODer(I’m typing this in the parking lot of my CrossFit gym).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I'm more of a Krav Maga kinda guy now that I'm in my 50's ha ha. Now, I look at the WOD posted on my gym's web site and think, Fuck that shit! I'm just gonna ride the bike today :)

CrossFit67

Ready to race!
But the estimated Dynojet numbers are also to low. Stage-3 on E30 should be mid 400's on a Dynojet. Please talk to Jon.

I did some logging while I had some e30 in the tank and have sent the logs to Jon. If he notes anything when he passes along the next version of the tune I will share. He usually doesn't.

I'll give Jon some kudos for his patience, however. He sent me my first tune in early May and since the car has been broken most of the time since then the logs have been few and far between. He hasn't complained as of yet...

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
Last edited:

5150 Racing

Ready to race!
I did some logging while I had some e30 in the tank and have sent the logs to Jon. If he notes anything when he passes along the next version of the tune I will share. He usually doesn't.

I'll give Jon some kudos for his patience, however. He sent me my first tune in early May and since the car has been broken most of the time since then the logs have been few and far between. He hasn't complained as of yet...

patience is a virtue

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Bump any updates?

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Bump any updates?
Yeah we are gonna have to go with a no on that one, dawg.

Not a good sign when the last post from anyone that has even seen the car in person is from 2 years ago on September 3rd.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Yeah we are gonna have to go with a no on that one, dawg.

Not a good sign when the last post from anyone that has even seen the car in person is from 2 years ago on September 3rd.
Shooters shoot