GOLFMKV

Blow off valve 1.8t anyone?

• Thread starter Deleted member 137012
  • Start date

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Had my Torque Solutions DV spacer for about a year now or so. It's great and not too loud. You would get similar noises with an open intake set up.

As far as the concern about issues, there are none with the factory DV and a spacer. Most issues come from aftermarket units that stop sealing or opening all the way.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
I had the torque solutions one :p. As mentioned above by sparky, I think it's probably not as bad with the auto, and especially with the DSG for the quick shifts.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Just installed ECSs atm dv spacer. I have the DSG so only hear it when I want to (sharply let off throttle under boost). No oil residue I can see. Fun cheap noise maker with zero impact on performance that i can see. If you have a stick yeah....that would get annoying.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Just installed ECSs atm dv spacer. I have the DSG so only hear it when I want to (sharply let off throttle under boost). No oil residue I can see. Fun cheap noise maker with zero impact on performance that i can see. If you have a stick yeah....that would get annoying.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Now I know who you are! LOL

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Sounds cool. I'd consider it if I got a larger turbo in the car. It would be funny to look like a stock wagon with a BOV, but actually go fast. =)

tigeo

Autocross Champion

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
at 10% throttle:

1st gear vroooooom PPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH!!!! 2nd gear vroooooooooom PPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! 3rd gear vrooooooooooooooom PPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!.

Passenger: "Is your car steam powered?"

I had an '03 WRX with an AFE fenderwell intake and TurboXS RFL blowoff valve. That car sucked and blowed all day long, like MegaMaid. Sounded awesome IMO.