GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016 R vs Huracan

pheare

Passed Driver's Ed
I have trapped as high as 128 at Castrol. It was super hot and there was a headwind (30-40km/h) when I raced the Lambo. I use a local shop for dyno tuning.

Do you remember what the DA was when you trapped 128?

Which IE intake do you have? The cold air one or the carbon fiber one?

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
I believe the DA was about 3500 that day, I did two 128's and two 126's that day. I have the open element one.

pheare

Passed Driver's Ed
I believe the DA was about 3500 that day, I did two 128's and two 126's that day. I have the open element one.

Thanks. I much prefer the look (and cost) of the open element unit. Seems like with the heat shield, the hood encloses the filter well enough to keep away the majority of heat from the engine.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Whenever I had trouble with the ED TCU, it was always my tires. It was short shifting out of 1st, over reving, then cutting power/etc. Put on some good street tires and it went 3.08 0-60 first try.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
Whenever I had trouble with the ED TCU, it was always my tires. It was short shifting out of 1st, over reving, then cutting power/etc. Put on some good street tires and it went 3.08 0-60 first try.
I'm on the same tires I consistently used to get 1.71 60' on. I will be switching to 18" wheels and different tires for next year.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
My old tires would hook decent ish new, though would blow through 1st spinning once they got age on them. Idk

I just don’t understand how the same file can seem to have such a range of results from people. Heard a lot hate it, though I’ve dragy’d a 1.70 60’ on the street and a 1.61 60’ at the strip.

I’m on 245/35/18 Federal ST-1’s, really happy with the grip.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
What tires are you on?

I had a set of worn out Federal 225 555’s spin so bad off launch control at the 1/4 that it spun all the way through 1st so much that it over reved, hit 2nd and hit limp mode. Then on a new set of 245 Ferderal ST-1’s I hit a 6.9 1/8.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
What tires are you on?

I had a set of worn out Federal 225 555’s spin so bad off launch control at the 1/4 that it spun all the way through 1st so much that it over reved, hit 2nd and hit limp mode. Then on a new set of 245 Ferderal ST-1’s I hit a 6.9 1/8.

I'm on cheap chinese all season tires. There's a track rental on Wednesday and I'm going to get someone to slowmotion video my launch and try and run logs. I really don't think spinning is my problem, it's a hesitation I feel.

We'll see what happens then.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Hesitation on launch? Like the stock DSG tune when rolling out to 20mph? You’re making good power, I think good tires are 100% in your favor.