GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Delete

Msabino30

Get a complete mounting kit for the drivetrain (I recommend BFI) followed by wider stickier tires. With my setup traction is a virtual non-issue from a dig, sure I'll chirp the front tires but I find traction almost immediately.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have a dog bone mount and michelin pilot sport a/s 3plus however running 225/45/17 tires.

What size tires/wheels are you running?

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
We have a 1.8T Jetta that is near 30k and zero issues with the trans. All the above things in terms of programming I agree with. My only real gripe with it is 1-2 shift, if you're lighter on the throttle it will engage 2nd and try to make it a smoother shift by not fully engaging but then RPM's drop even more (Have compared to other Jetta's, they all do it). On heavier throttle it doesn't do that. Aside from that, it has been great.

Woody_in_MN

Ready to race!
I have a 2015 1.8 tsi AT with 31,000 miles other than recalls and oil changed the golf has not been in the shop. Zero issues. Zero. Btw, just put a APT stage 1 tune on this last week. Seems like a lot of recall work, but otherwise very solid car.

Mk7munkie

Passed Driver's Ed
Not to bring a dead fish back but I just rolled over 40k in my 2017 stage 2 UNI jb4 stack IS20 fbo. No issues other than jerky trans like everyone else lol I need mounts though. Anyways for the dudes running IS20 what psi are you peaking at? I’m scared to turn up too far slushbox life ? so I stopped at 23 peak.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Not to bring a dead fish back but I just rolled over 40k in my 2017 stage 2 UNI jb4 stack IS20 fbo. No issues other than jerky trans like everyone else lol I need mounts though. Anyways for the dudes running IS20 what psi are you peaking at? I’m scared to turn up too far slushbox life �� so I stopped at 23 peak.

I'm at 25ish, but going to turn it up more. Right now its hitting 24.x and then tapering down to 21+ in the warm weather. In the winter it was tapering to 18, but I'm going to push it even further this winter. Playing around with some things and found some more room in the fueling
Recent warm weather
Screenshot_20190724-101415_JB4 Mobile-1600x778.jpg
Old settings in March
Screenshot_20190821-143414_Hancom Office Editor-576x1184.jpg

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Maxing at 20 currently...

im on my second round of the shift selector switch recall... have an appt on friday for them to do it again as im getting the same errors I started getting (with the original part) a year and a half ago...

wlfpck

Ready to race!
Not sure if anyone wants to go this far into a build... but there are shops like Level Ten and IPT that were very popular back in the day that have built automatic torque converter transmissions.

This was back in the day when the WRX could be bought with the 4EAT automatic transmission.

Not sure if there's anything that can be done like upgrading solenoids, upgrading the clutch pack, etc. Might be worth a call.

Mk7munkie

Passed Driver's Ed
Maxing at 20 currently...

im on my second round of the shift selector switch recall... have an appt on friday for them to do it again as im getting the same errors I started getting (with the original part) a year and a half ago...

I gotta get mine done, I procrastinated because it hadn’t happened to me but now it’ll tell me to put it in park every 4th or 5th time I drive it ?

Mk7munkie

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm at 25ish, but going to turn it up more. Right now its hitting 24.x and then tapering down to 21+ in the warm weather. In the winter it was tapering to 18, but I'm going to push it even further this winter. Playing around with some things and found some more room in the fueling
Recent warm weather

I turned mine up a little just to see but it’s been so hot and now it’s raining so maybe this weekend or tomorrow at the local 1/8 mile I’ll play some more

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Not sure if anyone wants to go this far into a build... but there are shops like Level Ten and IPT that were very popular back in the day that have built automatic torque converter transmissions.

This was back in the day when the WRX could be bought with the 4EAT automatic transmission.

Not sure if there's anything that can be done like upgrading solenoids, upgrading the clutch pack, etc. Might be worth a call.

I might go down that road eventually. There were a few different companies that specialized in fixing the older 09G valve bodies. They might be familiar enough with them to build a performance valve body. Really just needs something to increase the pressure on the clutch packs and making the shifts quicker. On older red cars you could do shift kits for this

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
I might go down that road eventually. There were a few different companies that specialized in fixing the older 09G valve bodies. They might be familiar enough with them to build a performance valve body. Really just needs something to increase the pressure on the clutch packs and making the shifts quicker. On older red cars you could do shift kits for this
Interesting idea if true, 09G seems to handle is20 with no problem but long-term reliability with is38 and above is still somewhat of a unknown quantity.

Would certainly be interested in building out the transmission for peace of mind, though really at this stage all I want is someone to start offering an aftermarket lsd for the damn thing.