GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

no sound proofing.

simba

Passed Driver's Ed
just dropped the biggest bollock , p/x my beautiful 7 gtd for a 1yr old 7.5 pp this thing is the nosiest golf I've ever owned 7or8 ,I've been in quieter 20 yr old vans. I only wish I'd gone on longer test drive .its though these no sound proofing at all. VW should be ashamed of themselves.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Could also be the tyres that are contributing to the noise levels. Bridgestones seem to be a favourite tyre for VW to fit to UK performance models, and they’re quite a noisy tyre.

There’s a view over on VWROC.com forum that post-WLTP cars might be fitted with thinner / poorer quality or less sound insulation in order to for VW to get cars WLTP type approved. Possible weight reduction by using less or poorer sound insulation might not contribute much towards weight saving in order to achieve VW’s CO2 and MPG targets, although every little helps. Some VWROC.com members with post-WLTP cars have also commented on their cars being quite noisy, although not all seem to have this issue - perhaps because different people have different levels of hearing sensitivity, so what sounds excessively noisy to one person may sound OK to someone else. There hasn’t been much, of any, discussion on noisy GTI’s over on golfgtiforum.co.uk though.

simba

Passed Driver's Ed
noise.

It seem to be coming more from the rear. I had my Santiago's swapped from my gtd to the gti .Then had two new tires fitted. Got to say though it a smooth little engine, 9k on the clock still feel a bit tight. My gtd took over 30k before loosening up.