GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alltrack suspension upgrades

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
….so why didn't you start off with a GSW 4Motion S with the 6MT?

The whole point of the Alltrack is to look more rugged with the increased ground clearance and body cladding.

Why not see if you can get a set of Koni Sports, and increase the rebound stiffness in the rear.
The AT has more features that I can see attractive to some. Other than appearance and a slight bump in ride height, the AT really isn't an off road vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
The AT has more features that I can see attractive to some. Other than appearance and a slight bump in ride height, the AT really isn't an off road vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

VW somewhat disagrees. When they did their press event, they selected an off-road trail for the press to play with (with enough difficultly that the car would pass)

https://youtu.be/GOrOlx8TcCg

It's certainly no rock crawler, like a Jeep Wrangler or an old Touareg with 4XMotion

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
The only difference between a GSA with 4mo & an Alltrack…...is the ride height, front skid tray, rubber rear lower arm covers, aesthetic black plastic lower body trim & internal trim pieces.....there may be country specific trim spec differences, but the above are the main "alltrack standard spec"......However in some countries where the roads are bad the skid tray & rubber protectors & increased ride height are standard...in some countries the GTI & R do not have lower suspension due to the roads...