GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New is12 1/4 mile record

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
A guy Jesse Alvarez from the Facebook group just did a 13.18@108.59 with jb4 only and e30 on the is12. He is full bolt on and he pulled the rear seats and spare on a 4 door tiptronic He ran the TwinDad secret sauce settings! Lol

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
A guy Jesse Alvarez from the Facebook group just did a 13.18@108.59 with jb4 only and e30 on the is12. He is full bolt on and he pulled the rear seats and spare on a 4 door tiptronic He ran the TwinDad secret sauce settings! Lol

Sleeper mode engaged

Someone get this man an is20!

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Left lane

Jesse.jpeg

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Damn, that's insane for an IS12. Does he have meth injection?

Ton

Go Kart Newbie

That's fast!

FWD? What tires?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Damn, that's insane for an IS12. Does he have meth injection?

No. Just FBO with gti catback. It's all in the jb4 settings. I gave him my old is12 e30 settings. I knew the car moved out on them. I just never went to the track myself. I was able to stay within 3 car lengths against a jb4 and downpipe gti on e30 with them. He had a pedal booster and would get the jump on me everytime. Pull a car immediately and then only slowly gain a little. We did like 4 runs from 35-110 and 45 -110. Same every time. He ran 13.0@109. So this golf being lighter than my wagon, pulling out the rear seats and spare and then he's probably 100lbs less than me. Sounds about right. Probably 300lbs less

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Wasn't the manual said to be faster than the auto in the TSI ?

I don't think it would be, it has longer gears and then the shift isn't any faster. The tiptronic shifts slow, but probably equal to a fast manual shift. Manual takes 3rd to 115. The auto shifts at 93

GeorgeTDI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk6 TDI
I don't think it would be, it has longer gears and then the shift isn't any faster. The tiptronic shifts slow, but probably equal to a fast manual shift. Manual takes 3rd to 115. The auto shifts at 93
Well Car and Driver :) said the manual was nearly 1 second quicker to 60 than the automatic and some 2.4 seconds to 100 mph. Although the difference to 60 decreased in later reviews, the manual was still said to be faster.

https://www21.zippyshare.com/v/2nJFXxvR/file.html
https://www21.zippyshare.com/v/2Rc7H9uE/file.html

That was with the car stock. Also I think I remember some tuners offering more torque in their tunes for the manual ? Although that could be for the gen2 TSI, I'm not sure.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Quicker then my best run with an is20!

Also on the topic of tip vs manual, melted and I ran a head to head quarter mile a while back up at Sonoma where we were effectively neck and neck the whole time. Keep in mind we were both heavily modified cars, so we're hardly an example of stock performance.