GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mystic's Golf 1.8T

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Honestly, I wouldn't bother with a LSD unless you have a IS20 or IS38 in your future.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Im not sure but it looks like the bushing could be worn on your rsb now from the above pic. Maybe I’m just blind. I would say, RSB, IC, Tune are all great options and why not :$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
how you keeping those tips so clean? i've not had great luck with mine...

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
how you keeping those tips so clean? i've not had great luck with mine...
Lol. I haven't done anything. But I've only had them for a few hundred miles so thats probably why it looks so clean :)

I vote YES on LSD... Can't comment on the others, i have a TDI with torsion beam rear but... YES to those too!
Yeah, I've been reading another thread on here about 1.8s and LSDs. Sounds like Wavetech has one for the MK7 1.8 Golf PN 10.309.181W*K
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31722

Honestly, I wouldn't bother with a LSD unless you have a IS20 or IS38 in your future.
Yeah, that is what I have been reading. The LSD will definitely come after IS20 swap

Im not sure but it looks like the bushing could be worn on your rsb now from the above pic.
I hope not, the car only has 7k miles on it. I'll have to take a peak next time the car is up on a lift. More reason to upgrade RSB :)

Did you ever pick up the GTI side skirts?
Not yet, still keeping my eye out on a used set. I saw one on ebay but one side had a crack in it.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
If a stock civic si 1.5t gets an LSD I would think getting one for a tuned 1.8 would be a no brainer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!

Yay for more intake noise! Can’t wait to put it on along with the turbo muffler delete. Now to schedule an appointment to get the APR stage 1 ECU flash.

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
Installed Neuspeed’s carbon fiber P-Flow intake and CTS’ turbo muffler delete today. I picked the P-Flow largely because I’m in California and I need a CARB exempt intake. Turbo muffler delete because I’m already in the general area and hey, why not? Got the intake from a fellow member on here. Wasn’t planning on getting the carbon fiber version but the price was good so I went for it. Install was very straight forward. Watched a few YouTube videos. The turbo muffler delete was not as difficult as DAP made it out to be. I didn’t even need to remove the battery. The hardest part is getting to the turbo muffler screws and loosening the hose clamps. Its more time consuming than hard. Took me exactly 2 hours. Overall very happy with the extra intake/turbo sound. It’s really noticeable when you get on the gas above 2,500 rpm. I was hoping for better throttle response but I did not notice any.

Stock intake box and hose removed.

Stock turbo muffler. The three screws holding the turbo muffler on wasn’t too bad to get to. The bottom one is a little hard to reach. My advice is to remove the screws by hand after you have loosen them. You don’t want to drop it down into the abyss.

Stock turbo muffler on left. CTS turbo muffler delete on right.

CTS turbo muffler delete installed. You can see all 3 mounting screws. The bottom one is the one that is hard to reach.

Hose back on. Those hose clamps also took some time to take off and get back on.

Heat shield installed.

And finally, intake and carbon fiber pipe!

I’ll put up some sound clips tomorrow. I have the euro secondary engine cover on order. That should clean up the engine bay a bit more. Next, I’m going to dremel out the driveside intake vent. Not really sure why the driver side is closed and only the passenger side is open. Seems silly that air needs to go into the passengerside and make two 90 degree turns before reaching the intake. Maybe I’ll order some GTI scoops and install those too while I’m at it.

Photo of the closed driveside vent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
Installed some rear window sunshades. I have 50% ceramic tint but my daughter was still complaining about the sun. With another one on the way, I figured I would add some rear sun shades for the kiddos. I didn’t want to go with a darker tint because of night driving. Was originally going with the much cheaper eBay route ($100). Wasn’t a huge fan that they use double side tape vs the factory shades that uses clips. But the factually ones were a whooping $250! Just my luck I found someone selling a used set in perfect condition for $50 on FB marketplace of all places. Install was a breeze and figment was perfect! I love that you can easily take them on and off and you can open the windows with them installed.

Last edited:

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
“in the way” was more on point though. :p

Congrats.

Lol. I got it right the first time. Haha.

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
Intake Inlet Vent Mod, Phase I

Like many others, I decided to cutout the driver side intake inlet vent. From the factory, this section is blocked off. Air has to come from the passenger side vent and make two 90 degree turns before arriving to the intake. By cutting out this section, air can go straight to the intake.

Ready for cutting!

Driver side vent. You can see that it is blocked off.

Drilled some holes in the corners. My initial plan was to saw the sides as I couldn’t get a clean straight cut with the dremel.

A in progress pic. It’s not pretty. Got sick of sawing so went back to the dremel.

Finished off the rough edges with a file and sandpaper. All done! Now the driver side is open like the passenger side.

Phase II preview. My plan is to cutout the top sections of the grill on both passenger and driver side. Then I would laser cut some nice vents out acrylic and bolt it to the top of the grill. I would reuse the top 3 holes and drill 3 new holes on the bottom. For a finishing touch, I plan to 3D print some air scoops to mount to the grill. This will divert air from the scoops up through the laser cut vents and into the intake inlet vent. This will be challenging as there is not much room behind the grill. I might go the sheet metal route as it is bendable. 3D printing the scoops would be trial and error, taking multiple iterations to get it right.

On the car. You can see right into the intake.

Also received the euro secondary engine cover. It didn’t come with the threaded ball that it mounts to. Used a M6 socket head cap screw instead. Worked perfectly.

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
Received the SSK from SK VeeDubR and the bushings from 42DD. Too bad I won’t get a chance to install it for a few weeks. Also picked up a Helix sound system upgrade at 40% off plus 15% VW accessories rebate. Wasn’t high on my mod list but couldn’t pass up the savings. Lol.

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Received the SSK from SK VeeDubR and the bushings from 42DD. Too bad I won’t get a chance to install it for a few weeks. Also picked up a Helix sound system upgrade at 40% off plus 15% VW accessories rebate. Wasn’t high on my mod list but couldn’t pass up the savings. Lol.

Lemme know if you have any questions during install - always her to help, you’re going to be happy with your new kit!

Also, I need info on where you got the Helix!! Message me pls!