GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
Go for bracelet. You can always buy different straps down the road.
Sure you can always buy a bracelet, but it's usually pretty expensive to buy one after the fact, and cheaper just to buy one from the beginning.
So that is what I would recommend

Just save! It will be worth it. I waited years for the Speedy.
I bought it for my 30th. So I would agree that would be a great goal to set for yourself.
I would maybe even consider skipping the Hamilton if that would help you get the PO quicker.
I bought too many watches over the years to help fill the void and all that did was set me back further from getting the Speedy.

I spent way too much money in my 20's as well.
I have really tried to cut back this past year, or at least be more aware of my spending.
I paid off some debt and consolidated a couple credit cards into one with a balance transfer to a new card with no interest for a while.
So now I just have the one card I'm not using and paying that down every month and then the one credit card I use for everything else (AMEX) that I pay at the end of every month.
I also take out $100 at the beginning of every month to use on little things here and there, because those are the things that really add up.
It is helping me keep track of things better.
It's so easy to just swipe swipe swipe.

Today I finally bought my dream watch! I had an unexpected bonus earlier in the year that gave me an accelerated boost to saving towards my goal. I also took your advice skipped the Hammy (each month I would take out enough money that could buy the Hammy and put it in savings) I went to a Jeweler who is one of the few authorized Omega retailers in Indianapolis and tried on a couple different watches and glad I did, because originally my mind was set on the planet ocean. However it was not the right watch for me, very thick and top heavy and I’m glad I was able to try it on. They did have a seamaster that caught my eye and I had to try it on and it was love at first sight lol. Much better fit on my wrist and I like what they did to the model for the newer 2018+ models. Very happy I skipped the Hammy as I was able to get my dream watch just some months later. Early birthday gift to myself and you guys were right it definitely is an awesome feeling!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Solid piece and my favorite configuration of the SMPc!
Wear and enjoy in good health!
Just another lesson to always go for the piece that you truly want rather than settling.

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
Appreciate it guys! I would love to get a Hammy as a beater watch however all I want to do is wear this watch everyday lol

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Appreciate it guys! I would love to get a Hammy as a beater watch however all I want to do is wear this watch everyday lol

It will probably happen.
When I first got my Speedy, my Hammy and Omega had close to equal parts wrist time.
I think I was a little reluctant, really, to wear the Speedy in fear of damaging it or something...I don't know hah.
But with over a year on the wrist now I almost never take it off.
I looked at the Hammy this morning and the date on it was the 6th.
I have not worn the watch for 3 weeks hah.
However one of those weeks I was on vacation so neither one really had a chance.

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
It will probably happen.
When I first got my Speedy, my Hammy and Omega had close to equal parts wrist time.
I think I was a little reluctant, really, to wear the Speedy in fear of damaging it or something...I don't know hah.
But with over a year on the wrist now I almost never take it off.
I looked at the Hammy this morning and the date on it was the 6th.
I have not worn the watch for 3 weeks hah.
However one of those weeks I was on vacation so neither one really had a chance.

I already have a few scratches on the clasp that hurt to look at, but I did want an everyday watch/all around watch and this Omega is too nice to not wear lol I do think I will still buy a Hammy. Had to take another shot of the watch looked nice with the sun hitting it right before heading into work.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I already have a few scratches on the clasp that hurt to look at, but I did want an everyday watch/all around watch and this Omega is too nice to not wear lol I do think I will still buy a Hammy. Had to take another shot of the watch looked nice with the sun hitting it right before heading into work.

Checking in with my speedy today. So how many of us rock a hami as a daily and Omega as a once a week piece.