GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New owner from the PNW, saying Hi

Lfromsalem

Hello. Just found this forum and thought I'd say hi.

Just recently bought a new to me 17' GTI S. Kinda a dream car for me. A buddy had a brand new 95' GTI in High school. I absolutely loved that thing, and have wanted my own ever since. Well fast forward 20+ years and I finally made it happen.

Attachments

• IMG_20190707_080614_155.jpg
    IMG_20190707_080614_155.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 297

Scuuby

Welcome and congrats on the car!

There isn't much activity in the PNW forum but there's some good info on the site. Hope to see you around here as well as around town.

Any plans to mod down the road?

hooville

Go Kart Newbie
Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new ride!

Enjoy it au naturel for a while and then decide which, if any, mods you would like to customize it to make the dream come true!

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Wish there the community was more active in PNW. I definitely see a lot of GTI around. In fact there's 4 just at my work location but very few are involved in the enthusiast community.

Lfromsalem

Welcome and congrats on the car!

There isn't much activity in the PNW forum but there's some good info on the site. Hope to see you around here as well as around town.

Any plans to mod down the road?

Thank you! Yes, I do plan on mods. Unfortunately I don't have much of a plan for that.

Lfromsalem

Wish there the community was more active in PNW. I definitely see a lot of GTI around. In fact there's 4 just at my work location but very few are involved in the enthusiast community.

I've seen quite a few in my area also. It would be nice to get together for a meet and pics.

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
I've seen quite a few in my area also. It would be nice to get together for a meet and pics.

That would be cool especially considering there are probably some nice drives and areas around. A FB page would probably be best consider joining groups there to see if something could be organized.

TheSkeptic

Ready to race!
FWIW, depending on where you're located there are regular meet ups. I'm closest to one that happens each Tuesday in Tanasborne (Beaverton/Hillsboro).

Lfromsalem

FWIW, depending on where you're located there are regular meet ups. I'm closest to one that happens each Tuesday in Tanasborne (Beaverton/Hillsboro).

Yeah, there is a Thursday night meet in my town. But it's a mod heavy type meet. Would feel lame to bring my stock S to it. Hahahaha

Ostateballer

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI S PP/LP
Nice you’re in Salem too? I’m kind of transient between here and Hillsboro. You can catch me at PIR or Woodburn.

Last edited:

TheSkeptic

Ready to race!
Yeah, there is a Thursday night meet in my town. But it's a mod heavy type meet. Would feel lame to bring my stock S to it. Hahahaha
Nonsense! Anyone that acts like that isn't cool anyway. My R is only tuned because I bought it that way. My GTI SE before it was not tuned at all. Just cosmetics, because that's my happy place.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Wouldn't be lame at all. Those guys will enjoy telling you about the mods they've done. You just might get the urge then.