GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs. 5th Gen ROUSH Mustang

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Well, it's been a while since I had somebody wanting to race. Word must be spreading around town about my car because for a while, nobody would try until today, finally! Heading back to work from my lunch break and was on the highway when a black 5th gen. (2010 - 2014) ROUSH mustang comes speeding up next to me. The guy rolls down his window asking to race and, of course I wasn't going to turn down the offer. We get a clearing and he yells over, "From 50." which puts me in 3rd gear and under 4k rpms. Now I have a DBV2 V2 so it's a little bit laggy and doesn't kick in till 4500 - 4800 rpms. The mustang gives the 3 honks and we are on our way. He gets the jump on me because of my lag but as soon as it spooled up it was over for him. Shifted to 4th around 7k rpms and looked in my rear view mirror shortly after and had buses on him so I shut her down. I slow it down so he can catch up and when he does, he had a big smile on his face and said "Holy shit dude, that car is fast!" and gave me the thumbs up as he drove off. The tune on my car is not dialed in all the way and is conservatively set at 27 pounds till we figure out why my car is a bit knocky up top but she still hauls ass!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I seriously need to drive on over to link up to see that car!

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Do you have the new v2 TBB? Or JB?

robmarktoo

Ready to race!
Yeah that's definitely why I don't want a car that looks like I want to race, I'd have people shouting at me out their window trying to race me. If ever have a ridiculously fast car it will remain a sleeper.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I would consider my car to be a sleeper. I don't have much done cosmetic wise. It is lowered and has VMR wheels, tinted windows and a few minor things like black front, rear, and side emblems, removed the GTI emblem from the rear and black mirror caps.