GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic stage 1 tune not done properly?

ExWhyZed

Passed Driver's Ed
Sup guys and gals. I had my 17 GTI DSG Uni stage 1 tuned a year ago. When I first got the car back from the shop, I sorta doubt if the car was really tuned or not, because I didn’t feel the power increased by that much. I probably expected too much tho. Then, last night I was just wondering if my cars 100-160km/h time is going to be different than stock Mk7 GTis, so I went out and tested and filmed on the highway in Mexico. Sarted @85 then floored it, transmission was in S mode, 3rd gear. When the speedo reached 100 I started my stop watch, then stopped it at 162 ish. Here’s the interesting part, so I went online, found a bunch of stock Mk7 GTI 0-200 pulls, same, start my stop watch at 100 then stop at 159 161 ish. The 100-160 was exactly the same!!? What a bummer! I felt like for the past whole year I was fooled by this tune and started to think if the shop really did the tune for me? But I do have my speed governor removed after the tune, also the D mode shows the gear number ( I guess that’s the DSG tune). So guys, what am I missing here? Or was it me being stupid not knowing something about testing the 100-160 time? Leave your thoughts, and I will be talking to unitronic today and see if they can give me some answers to prove me wrong. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDN

And den? Any update?

I am contemplating Unitronic Stage 1 for our '18 Sportwagen AWD. It should have been a huge difference from stock.

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
any tune or piggybacks from stock is going to be an obvious difference. There really is no doubt unless you bought the car tuned and never experienced stock form. I would get a dyno run in to confirm your doubts. then go back to the shop or unitronic to get it retuned.