GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Automatic locking has stopped working suddenly

isotonic_uk

Hi

Hoping someone can help me with this.

On my 2013 Golf MK7 2.0GT we have suddenly noticed that after getting in the car and going over 5mph the doors are not automatically locking. Its only suddenly stopped working and I dont know why, when I check the settings on the discovery media screen all seems ok and its still activated. I have also noticed that the boot is not opening unless I press the unlock key on the fob.

We don't think we have pressed anything, the screen isn't telling us of any issues with car so we are a bit stuck.

Does anyone know what this issue could be? Is it a known issue with this car?

Many Thanks

MarcA

Ready to race!
As the boot isn't unlocking with the normal unlock function I would say that points to where your issue lies..

isotonic_uk

So I went to my local VW garage to get a cost and they want to charge £100 just to look at it! plus extra if they need to do anything on it!

I thought that was insane so left!

Anyway, I thought I would ask again whether its something I could resolve myself or whether it could be a fault within the electronics system.

I have checked through the discover media car settings sections and can confirm it is set ON for autolocking and I have also performed a reset through here for the door locking system but that hasn't made a difference.

Is this something that could be triggered by pressing a combination of buttons in the car or on the fob? I am not getting any faults appearing on the dash or car screen. If I press the button manually it works fine.

Any help on this would be most appreciated as it's doing my head in!

thanks

MarcA

Ready to race!
So I went to my local VW garage to get a cost and they want to charge £100 just to look at it! plus extra if they need to do anything on it!

I thought that was insane so left!

Anyway, I thought I would ask again whether its something I could resolve myself or whether it could be a fault within the electronics system.

I have checked through the discover media car settings sections and can confirm it is set ON for autolocking and I have also performed a reset through here for the door locking system but that hasn't made a difference.

Is this something that could be triggered by pressing a combination of buttons in the car or on the fob? I am not getting any faults appearing on the dash or car screen. If I press the button manually it works fine.

Any help on this would be most appreciated as it's doing my head in!

thanks

Does it use a speed sensor or something.. could be just that but nothe sure , not heard of this happening before.

isotonic_uk

Does it use a speed sensor or something.. could be just that but nothe sure , not heard of this happening before.

I don't believe it does. I think it must be a combination of pressing something which has caused it but even doing the reset on the automatic locking didnt resolve it.

I think I might give up and hope it sorts itself out...

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
I don't believe it does. I think it must be a combination of pressing something which has caused it but even doing the reset on the automatic locking didnt resolve it.

I think I might give up and hope it sorts itself out...

The electronics of a car act up weirdly if the battery of the car is going to die. I had a couple of situations (on an other car) and there were strange electrical early signs. Just a thought.

isotonic_uk

Very weird the problem has seemed to resolve itself! I switched off automatic locking for a day and turned it back on after around 24 hours and it seemed to sort it. Thanks for everyone Input.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MarcA

Ready to race!
Very weird the problem has seemed to resolve itself! I switched off automatic locking for a day and turned it back on after around 24 hours and it seemed to sort it. Thanks for everyone Input.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

One to remember as I have same model as you.. thanks for posting back

The Fed

Old Guys Rule

It does use a speed sensor to determine when to lock the doors but I can tell you your wheel sensor is not bad. You would know it if it was.

And welcome to the wonderful world of VW electronics. I would put them second right behind Lucas.