GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Infotainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics)

Old 12-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #18
Essjay

Drives: Golf mk7 1.4 GT ACT DSG Pacific Blue
I'm assuming that even though we don't yet have DAB+ in the UK, that our sets will be compatible if and when DAB+ is introduced in this country?
Essjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:11 PM   #19
GTI-7-Performance

Drives: Golf 7 GTI PP
DAB is a world-wide cock-up. Germany stop developing DAB because no one took it up. Then started again. France has a different digital system (typical) that is not compatible meaning you can't use your DAB car radio over there.

Australia was late to pick it up and went straight to DAB+. Switzerland started with DAB and switched it all off last year and went to DAB+. My last car had DAB as I was told FM was closing down Europe wide in 2015. Suddenly one day last year all the Swiss DAB stations disappeared and there was a recorded message saying switch to DAB+ - so I had to buy a new car...
Delivered Nov 22, 2013: GTI Performance, DSG, 5 Door, Austin 7.5J x 18, Alcantara & Clark Tartan, Winter Packet, Pure White, ACC, DCC, Folding Mirrors, Discover Pro, Excite, DAB+, Media in incl. iPod, Mobile Phone Premium, Rear Camera & Park Assist & Park Pilot, Lane Assist, Light Assist, Safety Packet, Keyless Entry, 5yr/100,000km Warranty...
GTI-7-Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #20
burso

Drives: Golf Mk7 SE 1.4TSI DSG
good excuse to get a new car
burso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #21
mcmaddy

Drives: VW
I still can't understand why my previous rns510 dab showed the station logo without the need to upload anything and yet this supposedly newer nav pro won't!
mcmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #22
Brian G

Drives: Golf Mk7 GTI Performance Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avanti View Post
DAB+ Will never be launched in the UK.
There is no benefit to changing the system that is in use.
Never say never.

The DAB system currently in use in the UK is two generations back in terms of development.
The only reason it is prevalent in the UK is because the BBC have a vested interest in keeping it in use.
Current DAB quality is simply appalling, it's the only "advancement" ever introduced which is worse (in terms of audio quality) than the system it replaces (FM stereo).
The broadcasting authorities have already admitted that there are areas of the country that will NEVER have DAB coverage.
Once again Britain will be the "odd one out" from the rest of Europe, and for all the wrong reasons.
Brian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:23 PM   #23
dr_mat

Drives: Golf Mk7 1.4 TSi Estate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggle View Post
Although the units will accept most sizes of logo and 'fit' them to the buttons, I thought I'd share my collection of logos for anyone looking for some that match the exact specs needed in terms of size & transparency (transparent background gives a much nicer look on the on-screen buttons). Mainly national and a few Midlands based stations (as these are the one I get in my area)....
Great collection, appreciate you sharing (a long time ago now..). Just uploaded to our 2013 car and I find these wide/shallow logos are squished too much when it attempts to show them in the square box on the "station info" view. Particularly the BBC ones it makes sense (to me) to use square logos.

I'll chop them down but I wondered if anyone had found any other sources? The so-called official VW site is long dead. But I noted the demo car from our dealer DID have logos pre-saved. I might ask them for a copy of them next time it goes in..!
Life:
Computers and stuff
dr_mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 01:12 PM   #24
jamescridland

Drives: Toyota Prius
Hello, folks.

https://media.info/radio/how-to/radi...or-skoda-radio

...contains logos for DAB, FM and AM stations - in the UK, Australia, Ireland and some other countries. Hope it's useful. They look nice.
jamescridland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:16 PM   #25
BobbyBoucher

Drives: GTD DSG
DAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggle View Post
Although the units will accept most sizes of logo and 'fit' them to the buttons, I thought I'd share my collection of logos for anyone looking for some that match the exact specs needed in terms of size & transparency (transparent background gives a much nicer look on the on-screen buttons). Mainly national and a few Midlands based stations (as these are the one I get in my area)....

Great post mate. Many thanks.Very useful.
BobbyBoucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 04:25 AM   #26
BobbyBoucher

Drives: GTD DSG
Tried all links within this thread but cannot get any logos on any stations. Was there a firmware update to the VW head uni that stopped any of this?
BobbyBoucher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dab, logo, media