GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Regional Forums > California

Old 07-20-2018, 08:16 PM   #69
MeltedSolid

Drives: Mk7 Golf TSI Launch Edition
Stage 1 was my first ever mod
2015 TSI Launch Edition | Deep Black | 5-spd manual | APR Stage 1 + JB4 + IS20 swap | DIY Turbo Muffler Delete | 17" Enkei RPF1's | 034 dogbone insert V1 | BC Racing BR series Coilovers | ST 25mm rear sway bar | DIY HD Clutch Stop | NGK RS7 Spark Plugs | VWR Catted Downpipe | South Bend Stage 2 Endurance Clutch | BFI Stage 2 engine/transmission mounts
MeltedSolid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:10 PM   #70
Sparky589

Drives: Mk7 Golf TSi
Rear sway bar for me, honestly that coupled with the crappy stock TSI tires was some of the most fun I've had with my golf. Traction was incredibly easy to break, and the car turned into this tail happy mess.

Also are we still down for a meet this Saturday? Would love a chance to get to see some more Mk7's.
2016 TSI | Platinum Gray | 6-spd slush | APR IS20 w/DP | APR Downpipe | AWE Track Exhaust | Vibrant 17930 | VWR R600 | BFI Stage 2 Mount Kit | BC BR Coilovers | Konig Ampliform | 034 Front + Rear Sway Bar | Michelin P4s
Sparky589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:57 PM   #71
Wrath And Tears

Drives: 17 Sport DSG
I was contacted by another forum member to do some work on his car this Saturday, we are planning on starting at 12. Shouldn't take too long dynablinks and mk7.5 tails with wiring harness. So once I'm done with that I'm game to go on a drive or whatever. People are welcome over while we are working.
Scan Tools Owned: ODIS (Factory VW/Audi), VCDS (Aftermarket VW/Audi), Farsight (All), Autel (All), Autologic (BMW), ISTA (Factory BMW), Techstream (Factory Toyota / Lexus), VIDA (Factory Volvo), OBDLink LX (OBD2)
Wrath And Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:27 AM   #72
Sparky589

Drives: Mk7 Golf TSi
Would love to actually, 7.5 tails have been on my bucket list for quite some time so having a chance to see/install them in person would actually be quite nice. I know Melted is also free for the day so we might meet up with him as well.
2016 TSI | Platinum Gray | 6-spd slush | APR IS20 w/DP | APR Downpipe | AWE Track Exhaust | Vibrant 17930 | VWR R600 | BFI Stage 2 Mount Kit | BC BR Coilovers | Konig Ampliform | 034 Front + Rear Sway Bar | Michelin P4s
Sparky589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 02:26 AM   #73
Paddle_Slapper

Drives: MK7 NBM GTi - Autobahn
Hey guys, new to the forum and new to VW's in general. Love to meet the local community and get to know more about these fun little cars in general.

Im free anytime after 12PM tomorrow as well. =)
Old 07-21-2018, 03:10 AM   #74
Wrath And Tears

Alright guys and gals, Rainier and I will be at my shop to do some work on his car at noon (12ish), anyone and everyone is welcome to join us. If you are interested PM me (I'll pm you after this Sparky, and text Melted).

Edit: Looks like Sparky will be joining us. All others welcome for the work, or a drive after. We still need to make plans for the drive.... Highway 1 is always fun.... but depending on weather can be bumper to bumper with people going to the beaches. The drive from my shop to Pt. Reyes is really fun and not as crowded normally.
Scan Tools Owned: ODIS (Factory VW/Audi), VCDS (Aftermarket VW/Audi), Farsight (All), Autel (All), Autologic (BMW), ISTA (Factory BMW), Techstream (Factory Toyota / Lexus), VIDA (Factory Volvo), OBDLink LX (OBD2)

Last edited by Wrath And Tears; 07-21-2018 at 05:03 AM.
Old Today, 07:49 AM   #75
Wrath And Tears

So this weekend was a success. We got Rainier's mk7.5 tailights installed as well as the dynablinks. He got them all coded up despite issues with the coding instructions (typos) and I discovered a mis-installed pin for the left turn signal (our fault, not an issue with the wiring harness). Rainier and MeltedSolid had to head off afterword, but Sparky, his friend with a C5 Allroad and I went on a drive of highway 1 to the beaches and back to four corners. Even with some small traffic, it was a great drive.

I'm looking to get a South Bay drive going, maybe not this upcoming weekend, but weekend after for sure. Hopefully that will let some other people in the area put it on the calendar and make it down. If anyone has mod work to do and want to use the shop just let me know and we can make it happen as well as another informal drive.