Tough guy or waver?

• Tough Guy

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Waver

Votes: 220 78.9%

• Total voters

adam1991

Banned
Don’t overthink it. If people do something nice and you are opposed it says more about you.

Waving at complete strangers from within your car, and expecting them to understand why AND to respond in kind, isn't "something nice". It's damn strange.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Waving at complete strangers from within your car, and expecting them to understand why AND to respond in kind, isn't "something nice". It's damn strange.

This is an enthusiast forum. Adam, why are you here? Talk about a Debbie Downer.:rolleyes:

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
My tints are so dark, I could be having a seizure in the car and I doubt anyone would be able to tell.

frailingbanjo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE 6MT
Standard wave, or a country wave, which is a index, or index and middle finger, raised slightly of the steering wheel.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Standard wave, or a country wave, which is a index, or index and middle finger, raised slightly of the steering wheel.

The peace from the steering wheel is often all I have time for. I also use it for pedestrians. I think I wave more to motion drivers to take right of way, and then wave back at them when they wave at me, thanking me.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
My process is: wave, wave harder, wave violently, second gear romp fly by, let off so dv is louder than needed, wave violently, challenge to race, troll lololol, follow (for hours if needed) , nice car bro, ask about every single mod, pester as to why he's not is38 yet, convince to run ethanol, wave violently, go for coffee, bfs 4 life.

Aww give poor Adam a break. You try driving and waving, with a thumb up your ass. See? Not easy, is it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

???

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
A bit off topic but the only thing I've noticed since purchasing my Golf a few months ago is on the weekend evenings driving around my hometown if I hit a red light in the 3 lane business district there is almost always someone (probably a teenager) attempting to race me. My car is 100% stock apart from dark window tint but they seem to assume everyone in a Golf or GTI is fair game to mess with.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
So you think it's perfectly normal to wave at strangers in traffic just because they're driving the same freaking car you are? And then you get upset when they don't respond in kind?
Please go post this on any Corvette or Jeep board. :D

Hoon

Autocross Champion
A bit off topic but the only thing I've noticed since purchasing my Golf a few months ago is on the weekend evenings driving around my hometown if I hit a red light in the 3 lane business district there is almost always someone (probably a teenager) attempting to race me. My car is 100% stock apart from dark window tint but they seem to assume everyone in a Golf or GTI is fair game to mess with.

WTF why doesn't this happen to me?!

Hockey

Ready to race!
When I was in Toronto I had some other GTI's wave at me. I awkwardly waved back not knowing it was a thing. I live in a more country area. Not a whole lot of GTI's or even cars of the same class. Just a bunch of lifted Silverado's mostly.