GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs 240sx with a V8 swap.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
My specs: FBO stage 2 with some sticky tires.
240sx specs: early '90's, gutted with a Chevy 5.3L V8 and straight exhaust.

I was on my way back from dinner minding my own business and this guy with his girlfriend in his 240 comes speeding up behind me. I get stopped at a light so he pulls up next to me. We are on an open 4 lane road with nobody around. Right away I knew he had a V8 in it. So I asked him and we chatted for a bit at the light. Once the light turned green, we rolled off of 1st and then punched it. He got the jump on me but once I threw it in 2nd, I reeled him in real quick and once I hit 3rd it was over for him. Good clean run but what made me laugh was the expression on his girlfriend's face as I passed them. She looked more shocked and embarrassed than he did!

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Street racing?

Wow you're an irresponsible asshole, you could have killed a baby!

Side note, if I V8 swapped a tin can and lost to a VW hatchback I'd contemplate taking up knitting.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
That dudes shopping cart later that night

-heads
-cam
-headers
-fast intake manifold

Lol nice kill, I guess the ol LT swap wasn’t enough for our pesky hatchbacks

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Street racing?

Wow you're an irresponsible asshole, you could have killed a baby!

Side note, if I V8 swapped a tin can and lost to a VW hatchback I'd contemplate taking up knitting.

Lol... Ok Adam. We all can't be civilized all the time. I'm sure his girlfriend joked the shit out of him later on.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Nice kill! Especially for the time and money he dropped into his 240sx

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
That dudes shopping cart later that night

-heads
-cam
-headers
-fast intake manifold

I'm thinking more like a trans brake, a set of Mickey Thompson street ET's, and a 2 stage shot of nitrous w/ MSD retard box. Depends whether he was running carb or fuel injection. But what do I know :rolleyes:

Hoon

Autocross Champion
At this point I wouldn't mess with an old school SBC unless I just felt like being different. A local guy did make 1500hp with a carb'd SBC a few years back, but a very expensive build. Probably cost more than doing a modern fuel injected LS making the same power.

It's so easy to make power with LS cars. I've seen some completely hack, garbage setups make 550+whp.

I'll build one eventually, but i have too many other priorities right now to make the investment. Adulting sucks.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
At this point I wouldn't mess with an old school SBC unless I just felt like being different. A local guy did make 1500hp with a carb'd SBC a few years back, but a very expensive build. Probably cost more than doing a modern fuel injected LS making the same power.

It's so easy to make power with LS cars. I've seen some completely hack, garbage setups make 550+whp.

I'll build one eventually, but i have too many other priorities right now to make the investment. Adulting sucks.

what tires you runnin?

That's what I have my '68 Firebird with a 440 for that's making 600+ whp.

I'm running PSS with less than a 1000 miles on them.

A2MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
My specs: FBO stage 2 with some sticky tires.
240sx specs: early '90's, gutted with a Chevy 5.3L V8 and straight exhaust.

I was on my way back from dinner minding my own business and this guy with his girlfriend in his 240 comes speeding up behind me. I get stopped at a light so he pulls up next to me. We are on an open 4 lane road with nobody around. Right away I knew he had a V8 in it. So I asked him and we chatted for a bit at the light. Once the light turned green, we rolled off of 1st and then punched it. He got the jump on me but once I threw it in 2nd, I reeled him in real quick and once I hit 3rd it was over for him. Good clean run but what made me laugh was the expression on his girlfriend's face as I passed them. She looked more shocked and embarrassed than he did!

Its crazy because I'm sitting at stage 2 right now and 5.0 Stangs 392's I'm walking lol and no I'm not fast by any means, I'm sure its tons of cars faster than me but man. It's nothing like beating a car that's worth double/triple yours.