GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Should I?

Bdurrell

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Z06
I traded my 2014 Corvette for a 2017 Golf R. Really loved that car. Had the APR Stg 1 ECU and Trans tune done.

After 7 months I traded that 2017 Golf R in for 2017 Corvette.

Now, thinking of trading the 2017 Corvette in for a 2018 Golf R DSG again. WTF is wrong with me?

I can't have both. What would you do?

Just to clarify....I really enjoy driving and am not concerned with having a status symbol. If I were, I'd buy a Porsche.

Also, don't care about being the fastest or getting the best gas mileage as I drive my cars aggressively.
I enjoy the total experience.

Comments?

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
If you can explain us why you changed vehicles in the past, people here can understand your preference better. Also is this the only vehicle in your garage or do you have any other vehicles.

Bdurrell

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Z06
Which one do you enjoy more while driving aggressively? Why? You prefer four seats over two? Was stage one fast enough for you? Did you adjust the Rs suspension?

The sound of the Corvette's exhaust trumps the Golfs.
Two seats are fine.
Stage One was like a scalpel in the R...the Corvette is more like a meat cleaver....

The R's suspension was not as good as the Z-51 suspension. Feedback was a tad numb compared to the Corvette.

Corvette pulled over 1 G in my favorite turns. Stuck like glue. The R had slight understeer.

I wish I could own both.

MDLBC

Ready to race!
The sound of the Corvette's exhaust trumps the Golfs.

Two seats are fine.

Stage One was like a scalpel in the R...the Corvette is more like a meat cleaver....

The R's suspension was not as good as the Z-51 suspension. Feedback was a tad numb compared to the Corvette.

Corvette pulled over 1 G in my favorite turns. Stuck like glue. The R had slight understeer.

I wish I could own both.

Your own scorecard looks like Golf 1, Corvette 3

Dark Violet R

Ready to race!
Sounds like my story a bit. I had a 2017 R and after 8 months and 11,600 kms, I traded it for a 2018 R and then gave my son my 2004 C5 six spd manual car. It was like brand new. I also have a 1970 Chevelle SS. It came down to too many cars and not enough time to drive them. I really enjoy the ride and handling of the R. I take my Chevelle out once in awhile but it can get me in trouble :) IMO stick with the Golf R, I find them very enjoyable but I do miss my manual gear box ... DSG is okay too ... enjoy

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
TTRS

https://youtu.be/BYyOVr5AAwM

https://youtu.be/3cD25wanmAE

https://youtu.be/UKueX_rGud4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Bdurrell

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Z06
Thank you to all who responded.

Our other vehicle is a 2013 Beetle Convert w/2.0 Turbo, btw.

Surprisingly, we've been actually looking at an Audi RS 3.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Thank you to all who responded.

Our other vehicle is a 2013 Beetle Convert w/2.0 Turbo, btw.

Surprisingly, we've been actually looking at an Audi RS 3.

If you've had a Golf R then the RS3 is not surprising at all to look at.

Abilor

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm always amused by people that come to forums for validation.

It's either here or your mom's house, and it's always crowded there.

:D