GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dogbone Insert

jimboski10

Ready to race!
2015 GTI autobahn DSG here....I am going to have the 034 motor sports upper and lower dogbone insert installed in the car.

Anyone have this setup and can provide an assessment of increase in NVH?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
DSG here. When I was running the 034, I only had the lower dogbone mount. Very minimal/no NVH.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
DSG here. When I was running the 034, I only had the lower dogbone mount. Very minimal/no NVH.

Did it make any difference in how the car performed? I assumed guys with a manuals get the most benefit.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Did it make any difference in how the car performed? I assumed guys with a manuals get the most benefit.

The big deal is reducing wheel hop. 034 (or any metal insert) works for a little while till the metal vs soft rubber creates a “hot dog down a hallway” effect thus ruining at the very least the OEM rubber mount and returning soft jello stock feel and wheel hop.

Do yourself a favor and grab a complete set of BFI mounts, or at the very least their insert. 66k on mine, still like new

edrex

Ready to race!
How do the BFI mounts prevent the hotdog in a hallway effect?

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion

I have the 034 insert as well on my DSG PP and no NVH at all, no wheel hop and feels tighter on the twisties. 100% would recommend and maybe the best mod you can do as will as a cheap one.

madracer

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the 034 insert as well on my DSG PP and no NVH at all, no wheel hop and feels tighter on the twisties. 100% would recommend and maybe the best mod you can do as will as a cheap one.

This.
Cheap and good bang for buck mod, wheel hop will be gone and the car will feel so much more planted.
The 034 had minimal NVH for me, after a month or so you wont even notice it.
I have heard the BFI mount increases NVH more than the 034.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
This.
Cheap and good bang for buck mod, wheel hop will be gone and the car will feel so much more planted.
The 034 had minimal NVH for me, after a month or so you wont even notice it.
I have heard the BFI mount increases NVH more than the 034.

The stage 2 density one absolutely does, but that’s why they make stage 1 as well.

jimboski10

Ready to race!
Thanks for the perspectives on this....I wonder if the upper 034 insert combined with the lower insert reduces the referenced “hot dog” effect while not increasing NVH much.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the perspectives on this....I wonder if the upper 034 insert combined with the lower insert reduces the referenced “hot dog” effect while not increasing NVH much.

I don’t think anyone’s had one long enough to know, maybe the third try’s the charm

The whole “oh no NVH” thing is laughable anyway. I have all three stage 2 mounts and a SMF twin disk clutch so literally the scariest set up possible for those new to this. Here’s a video if you wanna see “worst case” for yourself https://youtu.be/_vf1l0nbyL4

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie